Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont want to sell it,but i will soon turn 64.My wife's car is 7 years old, and i believe she needs a new car more than i need a new bike.I dont know If I will be able to work beyond 66 due to the economy.After 37 years im at the top of the pay scale.Girls with 5 years experience and half the pay can do my job.I am a male RN,work in ICU.I have already been looking on craigslist at 800cc bikes.I know exactly how i would modify them.To look just like my custom does now, as much as possible.You can pick up a good jap cruiser for $2000.I went for a ride yesterday, man I do love this bike.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I look at it as a ride is a ride, I bought my 900 just cause I wanted something to ride and it was cheap lol, I had no idea what I was buying. I think I could love any bike as long as I was on the road with two wheels

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I look at it as a ride is a ride, I bought my 900 just cause I wanted something to ride and it was cheap lol, I had no idea what I was buying. I think I could love any bike as long as I was on the road with two wheels

I agree.I have owned 19 motorcycles, i have enjoyed all of them,even my harley ultra before it started deconstructing.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I dont want to sell it,but i will soon turn 64.My wife's car is 7 years old, and i believe she needs a new car more than i need a new bike.I dont know If I will be able to work beyond 66 due to the economy.After 37 years im at the top of the pay scale.Girls with 5 years experience and half the pay can do my job.I am a male RN,work in ICU.I have already been looking on craigslist at 800cc bikes.I know exactly how i would modify them.To look just like my custom does now, as much as possible.You can pick up a good jap cruiser for $2000.I went for a ride yesterday, man I do love this bike.
I don't know man.... my wife's Kia is 10 years old and still runs fine... is your wife's car done or you forecasting it failing? BTW I love the DFW area...:) you are in
Worked in Plano, lived in McKinney

I say keep her car running for 4 more years at least... modern cars can do it just like modern bikes...:D

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know man.... my wife's Kia is 10 years old and still runs fine... is your wife's car done or you forecasting it failing? BTW I love the DFW area...:) you are in
Worked in Plano, lived in McKinney

I say keep her car running for 4 more years at least... modern cars can do it just like modern bikes...:D
Her car runs perfectly, i was just thinking about my age and future decreased income.And like it was said by someone else, a bike is a bike for me.I love my vulcan, but would rather be making payments on a car for her.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Her car runs perfectly, i was just thinking about my age and future decreased income.And like it was said by someone else, a bike is a bike for me.I love my vulcan, but would rather be making payments on a car for her.
I can see that if you are making bike payments for sure.... I was foolish and assumed you didn't have a payment... so your rational works for me... bikes are luxury items and first to go if you foresee trouble...pick up a bike like you mentioned on CL and ride on:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts