Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question. My bike currently has a cobra Exhaust (not sure of which model) as well as a hypercharger. I just purchased it and already came with quite a few accessories. I'm interested in swapping out these pipes for the much nicer looking Freedom exhaust. Is it an easy swap or will I have to adjust anything in terms of the ECU or fuel ratio? I also prefer the "look" of the BAK but don't want to mess with adjusting anything. I prefer bolt-on mods rather than fiddling with dyno tuning/ecu adjustments.

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
Nice looking bike! IMHO, 04's are the best! As for the mods, I do not think that changing the exhaust or intake once the OEM has been removed makes that much difference. As a matter of fact, I have a BAK and V&H longshots on my 04 and did not add any sort of fuel processor. Blasphemy I know, but all evidence points to the big motor as still running slightly rich...... There will be a myriad of differing opinions and as we do not have pennies here anymore, my nickel, well spent:devil2:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Couldn't figure out the edit function so I will add this codicil..... Elevation here is between 2000 and 3000ft, weather is cold and wet on a regular basis so I leave the "water sock" on the BAK all the time. I pull the plugs, slightly to moderately carboned, and those riding behind me report some black smoke when I hit it hard..... My 04 may be an anomaly but that is what I see:nerd:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts