Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I need a 150/90/15 rear and 100/90/19 Front for 1993 Vulcan 1500. Is that correct What model is best for high milage and where are the best deals??

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just bought a Metzeler ME 880 Marathon tire for the rear and I'm going to go with a Metzeler on the front too. I bought the rear tire at AMT and there's a good chance I'll buy the front one there too. Also, I believe Metzeler and Pirelli are the same company but some of the sizes they make are different.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi Skitch, I'll mirror everything Jimbo said about the Metzelers. I put em on last season and so far am very pleased with them. Don't forget to include the cost of shipping when you compare prices. I'm always looking for free shipping and shop around the holidays if you can. The web stores are constantly offering specials so tomorrows sales can be different than todays. Since the forum thread is Wheels and tires perhaps someone can give me some tips on wheel cleaning and tire dressing. This is my first new bike and I'm looking for any advice on keeping it looking good.:)

·
Registered
533 Posts
As for cleaning the wheels, just plain soap and water works for me. There are brushes out there for washing motorcycles that would do a good job on and between the spokes (can get you a website for those if you like). In between washings, I clean my rims (and other chrome) with simple Glass Plus window cleaner. As for tire dressing, there isn't anything I've found that I'd use on motorcycle tires. I've read no positives about dressing and some negatives. Scrub 'em with a tire brush if you like, but I won't do the dressing bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts