Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to replace my tires on my 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom. Are these tires the best choice? Will the 200/70HB-15 fit without modification? Will it change the handling characteristics? Should I stick with the stock front size?

Is there a better choice as far as brand or size for our bikes?

If you can't tell by all the questions, I'm basically asking for a review from someone who has put the 880 on the rear in the 200 size.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I can't say whether or not they're the best, but IMHO they're pretty damn good!!! I have them on Eljay and not only do they get a whole heap more miles I think they ride better than the Dunlops...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Just put the second 200 on last week {then put 400 miles on it} and really wouldn't even consider going with anything else. I got over 13000 miles out of the last one, rides great, handleing, no noticable change. And the oversize brings the speedo error down a bit which is also dropping the RPMs a bit. I went with the O/S on the front a while ago as well and think it just looks better, The front tire changed the handleing a bit for the better I think, just feels like it has a better grip on the road. Theres a pic somewhere on here of the tight fit on the front but it will fit without any mods.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just put the second 200 on last week {then put 400 miles on it} and really wouldn't even consider going with anything else. I got over 13000 miles out of the last one, rides great, handleing, no noticable change. And the oversize brings the speedo error down a bit which is also dropping the RPMs a bit. I went with the O/S on the front a while ago as well and think it just looks better, The front tire changed the handleing a bit for the better I think, just feels like it has a better grip on the road. Theres a pic somewhere on here of the tight fit on the front but it will fit without any mods.

What size and model are you putting on the front??? And are you saying the close clearance is on the front tire? Does it cause any problems?

·
Registered
147 Posts
This looks really cool. How much bigger is it really? 10mm? (90 instead of 80, I think...) It look mush more substantial -- and moreover I really like how it fits the fender nice and tightly...

So it really never rubs?

·
Registered
94 Posts
STICKY a thread about max tire size (230) and what mods are required with belt guards.
The 200 is tight or impossible with the Scootworks front pulley or lowering. There is no drive belt available to gain clearance for larger tires.
The fact that Pirelli, Metzeler and Avon are all very good and always better that the Dulop.
It seems that these issues come up time and time again. If there were a sticky about it we could all do a lot less trial and error searching.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts