Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put Metzeler 888 Marathon Ultra WWW on my 2015 900 Classic LT. The 17/80-15 rear tire is a little taller than the stock Dunlap and corrected almost all of the speedometer error known for the 900 Classic.

I went with the standard size on the front. So far I am pleased with the tires. I wanted to put a few more miles on them before I really carved some of the many curves here in the Colorado Rockies. Somewhere I read tires can be a little slick when new.

Should know more about the tires with a few more miles. We are expect another foot or two of snow this week which limits my riding opportunities.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the same ones.

Be sure to scrub them up well by doing figure 8s

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Noob question time; can you elaborate more? My guess is that the rubber is slick on the outside, and the purpose of figure 8s is to wear away the slick layer so you can get down to the sticky layer? Is that about it, or is there something I'm missing?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Noob question time; can you elaborate more? My guess is that the rubber is slick on the outside, and the purpose of figure 8s is to wear away the slick layer so you can get down to the sticky layer? Is that about it, or is there something I'm missing?
That's it

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts