Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody with a Voyager or Vaquero tried the audio system upgrade from Metrix Audio. All though they don't list it I don't see a reason why 2 systems wouldn't work for a 4 speaker set up on a Voyager.

Kawasaki Products

·
Registered
256 Posts
I started by getting the speakers only, the two fronts. Much clearer than stock out on the highway, they're set up to really push midrange. Sound like crap in a garage standing still, but do a really good job cutting through wind and exhaust. I will be buying their amp shortly, I want more volume.

I've looked at the install instructions and it looks like everything on the amp is pre wired and idiot proof, for a two speaker setup. There is no provision for rears, but this tells me the rears will run off the stock amp.

The owner of Hogtunes is Pez, yup that's his first name. Contact info is on the website and he'll be more than happy to talk to you to explore options.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked at the install instructions and it looks like everything on the amp is pre wired and idiot proof, for a two speaker setup. There is no provision for rears, but this tells me the rears will run off the stock amp.
Great, thanks for the info. It appears that it uses the speaker level connection from the head unit to the amp. It should hook up the same for the rear as it does for the front. Just use the rear speaker wires from the head unit.

·
Registered
547 Posts
For $389 I would do it myself.. I replaced all four speakers and put in a Clarion Amp for less than half of that.
If you have that kind of cash buy the amp and 4 speakers then have a local radio shop install the amp.

It's not that hard to do. You may have a person on the forum local to you willing to help you.

gb

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to have to drop into a car audio shop and check out some gear. I work at a motorcycle shop so no problem finding help with the install. Upgrading audio systems on motorcycles is something that our shop is never asked to do. So far I've just been looking at gear that I have access to from our distributors.

·
Registered
547 Posts
You really want a 4 ch amp...... The fairing is easy enough to remove... The clarion fits like it was made for it. I'll try and find my thread that had pics... gb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts