Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had some minor issues with the old site, but the new one seems to be more visible. Here's the deal...

When I read a thread (to the last message), the system shows it properly has un-highlighted and "read". However, the next time I log on that same thread may now change and show as unread (even if there's no new messages). That doesn't happen all the time, but more than once a day.

This issue gets worse when I change computers. If I am logged on with my user name on both computers and read a thread on one of them (my home computer for example), then go to work and look at that same thread, it will show as unread.

It seems the system is using cookies to track the last message read and it's not reliable. Also, if it does use cookies, it would seem more effective to track read messages on your server (by user), than using system cookies on the user's computer.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you log off from each computer?
No, I haven't been. I use a total of 4 systems (iphone, iPad, and 2 different laptops).

Here's something funny, when I logged on this morning, the system remembered my activity from last night without issue. Go figure???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts