Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To try something different than my First Gear overpants for summer riding, I ordered a pair of Vega Mercury Mesh Pants, hoping to not get as hot on the long highways.

I thought the mesh pants were intended as overpants, but after trying them on, they seem like they could be worn as regular pants. Experienced mesh owners, please chime in, thanks.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
It's really not about mesh or not mesh. Just like any other clothing, different brands fit differently. Generally speaking, "overpants" are sized 2-4 sizes bigger and "lie" about the size. A size 32 overpant is cut to fit a 34-36 inch waist (depending on the brand). Or, a 32 inch waist wearing a pair of jeans! (Hence, 'overpant'!). Different brands are cut differently. If you can't fit them on over your pants, just get a bigger pair!

Truthfully, most motorcycle pants can be overpants. Just get a size or two bigger than you normally would. But 'overpants' are a little nicer as they generally have more generous waist adjusters (nice if you're wearing baggy cargo shorts one day and slim fitting jeans the next day), and generally are just cut a little baggier.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very good explanation, thank you for that.

Looking at various vendors, the description had me in a quagmire. Some suggested to buy the same size at regular pants, others suggested a larger size as you mentioned. Some even said what size to buy if someone wanted to ride 'commando'.

Our black First Gear textile overpants always worked well as overpants, but it would get pretty hot wearing them on those high temperature days of summer. I thought it was time to try the mesh.

thanks for the input, it is helpful and I appreciate it.

Ride safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts