Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Don't beat me up. I have a specific windshield question / problem

I have a 900 Classic. Currently with a Speed Demon windshield. I like the look, But I get terrible side to side buffeting. As if the shield is either too narrow or too curved or both

I'm thinking of switching to an El Paso shield. But I can't find any pics or reviews of one for the 900.

Please do not recommend a fats or batwing. They are too big / ugly and I'm too young. 馃榿

Any insight would be appreciated.

Registered
I had a MS Big Top on my 900 Custom. It's a similar design to the El Paso, but larger. The tallest El Paso is 19", the Big Top is 20". Anyway, I never had problems with side to side buffeting, but I did get a breeze coming up from the tank that would swirl around my glasses. In 10 yrs I never completely solved the problem but for me it was only an issue in cold weather. It would make my eyes water.

I didn't like the look, but the Custom's front end is different that the Classic, so they may not look out of place on your bike. I'll have to dig into my archives and find a good pic of the bike before I put the batwing on her.

Registered
Ok, here's my Custom with the Big Top. 12 years later and I still think that's the best look for this bike!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts