Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, looking for some experience with the Memphis Shades Batwing windshield complete with lowers. Is the product worth the money, and does it cut down on some of the wind buffeting at 70mph? I have just returned from my first (of many, hopefully:eek:) 500 mile ride and got beat-up on the superslab at 75 to 80 mph. I have a slipstreamer windshield on the bike now, but am contemplating a switch to something different. I have a 08, 900 classic which I bought slightly used, so I don't have too much invested in the slipstreamer windshield. Any suggestions? I've been looking at just buying the MS lowers by themselves, but don't think they will fit between the mounting brackets of the upper windshield and the turn signal light bar, as shown in their catalog photo. Any advice will be appreciated....... I am just a little too old to be taking all the pot shots from the wind anymore......
PS, love the bike. Best decision I ever made on a vehicle.......Walt E.:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I dont have any experience with the memphis shades batwing but about a week ago I placed my order for a Tsukayu fairing for my 900 classic. It should be here hopefully in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yes I have a Memphis Batwing

Hi everyone, looking for some experience with the Memphis Shades Batwing windshield complete with lowers. Is the product worth the money, and does it cut down on some of the wind buffeting at 70mph? I have just returned from my first (of many, hopefully:eek:) 500 mile ride and got beat-up on the superslab at 75 to 80 mph. I have a slipstreamer windshield on the bike now, but am contemplating a switch to something different. I have a 08, 900 classic which I bought slightly used, so I don't have too much invested in the slipstreamer windshield. Any suggestions? I've been looking at just buying the MS lowers by themselves, but don't think they will fit between the mounting brackets of the upper windshield and the turn signal light bar, as shown in their catalog photo. Any advice will be appreciated....... I am just a little too old to be taking all the pot shots from the wind anymore......
PS, love the bike. Best decision I ever made on a vehicle.......Walt E.:)
Got it about January great deal from a shop on ebay. I got the lowers for the batwing and the 9" windshield, already had a Memphis Fats with trigger lock, just swapped the shields out and went for a test ride, have to test every change ya know, I make a lot of changes :).

Anyway Yes the Batwing drasticily reduces the buffeting and battering, to old for that myself.

I also have the lowers that went with the Fats and am a little confused by where you are talking about mounting them. Because of the turn Light placement the lowers must be mounted below the lights. I you find another way to get them higher let me know.

Have a look at my pic's at http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6565

You will be able to see what the setup looks like. Would not ride any other way.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
976 Posts
Theres a way, but, it takes a little doin. First, use the stock MS lower and transfer the mounting holes setup to a big piece of cardboard. Next, hold the cardboard up to the shield and scope out where you'll need to cut it out for the lights. Cut that out and then mount the cardboard and sketch where you'll need to cutout for any notches you'll need to miss highway bars if you have them. Get the outline that you like on the cardboard, cut it out, makes sure it works side to side and then transfer THAT to Polycarbonate that you can buy at Lowe's. Cut that out, sand it smooth and mount those up and Viola!(yes I meant to spell it that way) You is done.

No, I haven't done it yet either but I have several friends that have.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys........Looks like a new trinket for the bike..........Just wanted some comments before going through the 50 questions from my wife as to "you want to do what to the bike now?". He, he, he,,,,,:)))....Hey MrClean, I'm in DeSoto MO, where is Parkville, Mo?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I dont have any experience with the memphis shades batwing but about a week ago I placed my order for a Tsukayu fairing for my 900 classic. It should be here hopefully in a couple of weeks.
I would love to have a look at that installed when you have time ... cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts