Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am still new to the forum and new to the bike. I am having a little trouble in determining fitment for the Memphis Shades Batwing to my 2017 900 classic. Memphis's website only shows fitment to 2015 for most of their fairings and shields. I called the company and was told "we have not tested it for a 2017" that's it???? No other explanation. So I am wondering if the 900 classic has had any major changes to the front fork area since 2015. I the answer is "no" then I would see no reason for it not to fit. I do understand the company response i.e. liability and all, but found it odd that they did not provide any other data....such as "we have plans to.....ect ect" So two questions. 1) Was the front end changed in anyway on the 2016/17 model? and 2) Is anyone running the Batwing on their 2017 classic? Thanks in advance for your help and love the site. Breck

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went Kawasaki today and learned that the 2017 forks are different to the 2015/16. I guess that I am in limbo till Memphis Shades makes some mounting brackets for my year bike. Is anyone running some other brand name Batwing style fairing??

·
Registered
80 Posts
On a totally different subject: It's nice to see some other northern Californians here! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice to meet you NorCalRob!! Looks like Im a waiting Memphis Shades to make some brackets for the 2017 model!!

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I had the same issue, and did the exact same things you did; call Memphis Shades and Kawasaki.
I guess I will keep the windshield I got with the LT version. I put the lowers on which seemed to make no difference. I am going to put chaps on my engine guard which should help with the buffeting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
denali1234, seems that we are in a holding pattern for aftermarket goodies!! I just looked at Vance and Hinds and they too only support 2015 models and back...tsk

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I think the Kawasaki guy is full of you know what .... I just checked the schematics (cheapcycleparts.com)for a '17 vn 900 vs the schematics for a '16 vn 900 and its the same part number for the front fork lower triple tree as well as the upper t/t bracket. I guess if they cant dazzle you with brilliance, they will baffle you with bull .... here is a link on the batwing install that I did to my 900 ....

Matazu Bag And Batwing Installation Slideshow by whiting57 | Photobucket

go about half way thru the pics for the fairing install ...

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Kinda what I suspected. You did a great job on your bike! Looks great!!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
thanks ...

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Well, well. Memphis shades finally got on the ball and changed the chart determining the batwing and hardware for the 2017 Vulcan 900 Classic and Custom.
The years go from 2006-2017, so they must have tried them out. It could be that there is a different mounting hardware from 2015, so make sure the numbers are correct from the website.......MEM 7031 for the batwing and MEK 1911 (polished) or MEK 1912 (black) for the trigger lock mounting kit. Got my order in now! Had one on my Shadow Aero and LOVED it!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Well, well. Memphis shades finally got on the ball and changed the chart determining the batwing and hardware for the 2017 Vulcan 900 Classic and Custom.
The years go from 2006-2017, so they must have tried them out. It could be that there is a different mounting hardware from 2015, so make sure the numbers are correct from the website.......MEM 7031 for the batwing and MEK 1911 (polished) or MEK 1912 (black) for the trigger lock mounting kit. Got my order in now! Had one on my Shadow Aero and LOVED it!
Huh,Have the mem 7031 on my 10 1700 nomad

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
yep. All the Kawis have the same batwing

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry guys I have been out of town for work for a few months!! Thanks denali1234!!! problem solved!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts