Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike came with a Memphis Fats 17" which was way too low for me. (Im 6'4"). I went up to their tallest Fats which was quite an improvement but I still had some buffetting which can be annoying on a long ride. This morning I got my lowers installed and just went for a ride. It's amazing what a couple of little pieces of plastic can do. Minimal buffetting now.
Has anyone installed those vinyl or leather engine guard slip on covers? Do they make much difference?

·
Registered
346 Posts
The leather or vinyl engine guard covers are to protect your legs when riding in the cold weather or rain. They work very well.

·
Registered
441 Posts
My bike came with a Memphis Fats 17" which was way too low for me. (Im 6'4"). I went up to their tallest Fats which was quite an improvement but I still had some buffeting which can be annoying on a long ride. This morning I got my lowers installed and just went for a ride. It's amazing what a couple of little pieces of plastic can do. Minimal buffeting now.
Has anyone installed those vinyl or leather engine guard slip on covers? Do they make much difference?
I am thinking of getting lowers for my LT next now that I finally have my lower guard. I see that Kawi's lowers differ whether you have a light bar or not. It seems to me that is because Kawi's light bar orients the turn signals downward.

I have a Cobra light bar and a MCE guard. How would the Memphis shades work with these?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just added a set of Memphis shade lowers after reading this thread. I bought my 09 classic stock from the dealer and ordered a national cycle heavy duty touring shield. I didn't know it couldn't tilt. It sits straight up like a sail and the turbulence coming from underneath beat me up like a schoolyard bully. I put the lowers on and took it for a drive. It was great. The amount of buffeting went way down. I still get a little but it's very manageable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts