Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow riders,

Just need some advice on Memphis Lowers install on my bike. I ride with 21" Memphis Fats and the buffeting is unreal. After reading the forums I have ordered the Memphis lowers. The install from cruiser customizing video seems straightforward with the ring clamps. However, I am concerned about scratching or damaging the pipes of the forks. Any suggestion for protection? Perhaps some kind of rubberizing tape first or even vinyl electrical tape neatly applied? Or am I over paranoid? Brand new bike and all. All comments and suggestions welcome...thank you.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Fellow riders,

Just need some advice on Memphis Lowers install on my bike. I ride with 21" Memphis Fats and the buffeting is unreal. After reading the forums I have ordered the Memphis lowers. The install from cruiser customizing video seems straightforward with the ring clamps. However, I am concerned about scratching or damaging the pipes of the forks. Any suggestion for protection? Perhaps some kind of rubberizing tape first or even vinyl electrical tape neatly applied? Or am I over paranoid? Brand new bike and all. All comments and suggestions welcome...thank you.
I have them on my 900. The clamps have a rubber type tape already on them. No fear of scratching.
Bill

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Just be sure not to overtighten.... I have Memphis Shades lowers and managed to put a small crimp in the fork tube cover by over tightening....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Fellow riders,

The clamps have a coating on them Yes,but DO NOT twist them or SLIDE them into position,dont ask me how i know this!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Members..thank you for the replies...those tubes do seem kind of thin...I will be careful with setting of the screws.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts