Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see lots of bikes out this weekend enjoying the freedom we and others have
protected for us. Today we Remember many, and we honor all. If you served I want to thank you for your service.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I see lots of bikes out this weekend enjoying the freedom we and others have protected for us. Today we Remember many, and we honor all. If you served I want to thank you for your service.
Today we remember those who DIED defending their country, like Martin James Burke, USMC, who died on the first day of the Battle of Saipan, along with the rest of his squad.

The rest of us veterans can be remembered on Veterans Day. I served, but I did not make it onto that wall.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I understand Azr I too am in that group. I didn't want to forget any of us. It wasn't as oversight on my part. I understand and appreciate your reply......

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Yep, as I rode today our fallen soldiers were on my mind. Their sacrifice helped secure my freedom to ride. :flag:

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Thank you you to all that served, and served and are in here to ride!. God Bless America!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't feel worthy to be here, it is an eerie feeling to be here. Why did I / we make it and others didn't. I try to live in a way to honor them. I will never forget, sometimes I wish I could but the sounds and smells come back often. We had a sign that read. They were Young Remember them.......

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
I don't feel worthy to be here, it is an eerie feeling to be here. Why did I / we make it and others didn't. I try to live in a way to honor them. I will never forget, sometimes I wish I could but the sounds and smells come back often. We had a sign that read. They were Young Remember them.......
Very worthy and Honored to have you here, and better yet, Having you honor them everyday. NEVER FORGET, as we will never!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
just got back from West Tennessee Veterans Cemetery where my Father is laid to rest. He was combat wounded at the Battle of the Bulge during WW2. sad part looking back is how when he was late 80s and early 90s the VA turned their back on him. later in his life tried to get him to apply for disability but he said the government owed him nothing. Being an officer the only thing they gave him was a final resting place and headstone. did have the color guard and flag presentation to me. sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been down that road 08, I am sorry for the things our Veterans have endured. God bless them one and all..

·
Registered
729 Posts
Thank You to all that gave their lives for others.

Go, tell the Spartans, stranger passing by
That here, obedient to there laws, we lie.
Simonides of Ceos

1 - 12 of 12 Posts