Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, got my Vulcan S last tuesday, really love it !

I'm looking for side bags, but i am wondering if the measurements of the bolts are the same as on the older Vulcans. If that is the case, than finding an existing bracket will be much easier...

Anyone ?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike. Im very curious to hear what you think of it...

As far as side bags I'm sure others here have good advice but maybe check out the 'Viking' website for options? I'm told their customer service is good, you can speak to someone directly etc...good luck

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations on the new bike. Im very curious to hear what you think of it...

As far as side bags I'm sure others here have good advice but maybe check out the 'Viking' website for options? I'm told their customer service is good, you can speak to someone directly etc...good luck
tnx!
my last bike was the Versys1000, but my knees are acking too much. This "seat" is much better. Although i have to get used to a "sleeping ass" IYKWIM ;)
Offcourse i don't have the power and RPM's any more, but the 650 does its work very nice.
The sound of the standard exhaust is nice too, the warmer it gets, the better it sounds!
Steering is, just like the Versys, sharp as a knife, you can take the curves in an easy way :cool:, but you can also scratch the footpegs and do it quickly :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
Wow you really made a change with this bike after the Versys. Must feel like you're on one of the old mini bikes of yesteryear compared to it. I'm getting to the achy bones age myself, just had rotator cuff surgery, and the smaller bikes are looking better every day.

·
Registered
68 Posts
hi there, got my Vulcan S last tuesday, really love it !

I'm looking for side bags, but i am wondering if the measurements of the bolts are the same as on the older Vulcans. If that is the case, than finding an existing bracket will be much easier...

Anyone ?

Hey, looks awesome!

I am a new rider, seriously considering buying the Vulcan S. I can't find a dealer with the ergo-fit options available (extended reach), although they all list it on their websites...

Do you know if ergo fit options were available where you bought it? Or did you go with the standard size?

Could you possibly share some numbers, did you pay MSRP? It's hard to find information on this yet...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, looks awesome!

I am a new rider, seriously considering buying the Vulcan S. I can't find a dealer with the ergo-fit options available (extended reach), although they all list it on their websites...

Do you know if ergo fit options were available where you bought it? Or did you go with the standard size?

Could you possibly share some numbers, did you pay MSRP? It's hard to find information on this yet...
well, here in the Netherlands, thing are a bit different , i guess. I also read that the ergo-fit options were included in the buy, but it seems that we have to pay extra for it over here. But with my length (1,83 m) the standard size is perfect.
What numbers would you like ? I don't know what MSRP is ;-)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would try the viking bags website, they dont show the Vulcan S but do have chat support on the website. They also have a store that ships from the UK which may be easier for you. I am very happy with them on my 500 and they come with brackets that can be adjusted to fit. http://www.vikingbags.com/motorcycle-universal-saddlebags.htm
been there, chatted with them, been at the store in the UK, but they also don't ship to the Netherlands (we'll probably have to wait till there are enough Vulcan S riders...
thanks though !

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: saddlebags installed!

After an exhausting search I finally found the bags and the brackets that fit !

Bags are from the Dutch firm Ledrie. Installed with quick release brackets.

Bags are detachable.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Very nice!

Those bags look like they were made for your Vulcan S.

·
Registered
49 Posts
After an exhausting search I finally found the bags and the brackets that fit !

Bags are from the Dutch firm Ledrie. Installed with quick release brackets.

Bags are detachable.
Very nice! :)

Did you have other choices or was this the only set?

+1 on the pricing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Purchased the Vulcan S last week. my wife love s the bike, doing break-in, got a 15% off accessories time of purchase. I thought about aftermarket racks and bags, but wife already ordered the rack/bags w/discount; still, big cost! all looks and fit well. I don't like how The Kawasaki bag mounts bring bags 2 inches away from fender. I felt the bags should be closer, but could be to have access for chain maintenance, also the bags could be bigger. In all, over priced, and should be all as a one lower price kit. We ordered windshield, great quality.

HR...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
backview with bags

tomorrow some pictures of the sidescreens in which i had to drill some extra holes for the brackets, and the backside of the bags ofcourse ;-)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts