Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone ever put a meanstreak rear rim on the 900 custom.
I got a 900 custom, and hate the solid rear rim on it.
Let me know guys!

·
Registered
343 Posts
the 900 classic has spoked wheel so that might be a better option for the back

I might even consider a trade come winter time

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I was wondering if anyone ever put a meanstreak rear rim on the 900 custom.
I got a 900 custom, and hate the solid rear rim on it.
Let me know guys!
That WOULD be a nice look... wonder how it would do?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Don't know, but I have the custom rim on the back of my classic so I could go away from a tubed tire back there.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing... I don't really dig the spoked rims both for their difficulty in cleaning AND for the fact that I have to ride with tubes in the tires. As soon as I find solids (cheap enough) i'm going to swap them out. I've even wondered how the C-model rim would look (or if it could even fit) on an LT... :rolleyes:

Sorry...I dunno if a M.S. rim will mount on a VN.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
He's not talking about changing to the spokes of the 900 Classic, but to the rim from the 1600. Not sure how the spoke info got into this discussion?

Doesn't the mean streak come with a cast rim in back as well? Just a spoked version instead of the solid look of the custom... It looks tubeless to me, anyway, and would be a very nice look on the custom, IMO.

And for ETC(SS), pretty sure the Custom's rear rim will fit on the classic and/or LT just fine. :) Just ask Mr. Clean!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's not talking about changing to the spokes of the 900 Classic, but to the rim from the 1600. Not sure how the spoke info got into this discussion?

Doesn't the mean streak come with a cast rim in back as well? Just a spoked version instead of the solid look of the custom... It looks tubeless to me, anyway, and would be a very nice look on the custom, IMO.

And for ETC(SS), pretty sure the Custom's rear rim will fit on the classic and/or LT just fine. :) Just ask Mr. Clean!
Exactly, I was thinking of a rim like this, on a custom would be awesome.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't think it would work since the mean streak is a shaft drive vs a belt drive like the 900.

It would be awesome if it did though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts