Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the idea of a meanie 1600, but I am looking into one hard. Just sold my bike so I've got cash burning a hole. I'm looking for a purpose driven bike for me AND the Mrs. I want a cruiser for the two of us (I have bikes just for me) so I was wondering how a meanie would work as a cruiser for two? I love the looks of one but havent sat on one yet. Any insight would be greatly appreciative. Thanks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
It's not the best for it compared to the other models in the Vulcan line, but it all depends on what you're looking for. Do you want goldwing style cruising and comfort, then no. If you're planning short jaunts around town, then it will do fine. Just realize, the back of the stock seat is rather small (read uncomfortable). Plus if you pull away with even just a slight punch to it, she's gonna feel like she'll fall off the back. So a back rest and upgrading the seat to something like a Mustang or Corbin dual tour would be a good idea. Either buy one with the upgrades already in place or look at the classic, nomad or even vaquero instead.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I haven't taken the misses out on a 2-up ride on my meany yet, but for solo crusing it's great. Granted it's got some comfort upgrades installed (mustang driver seat with backrest, mustang passenger seat, sissy bar, crash bar with highway pegs, HR2 risers (adds 2" of pullback and 1/2" height to bars), and extened passenger pegs). With the mustang passenger seat, sissy bar, and extended passenger pegs I imagine it'll be fairly comfortable for her back there...but the stock seat looks like it would be a nightmare to sit back there.

So just out of the gate, if it's got stock seats I'd immediately look to replace those and add a sissy bar if you want her to be even remotely comfortable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up guys. I've definitely been looking into aftermarket seats, mustang especially. I've got a few in driving distance from me so now itll just be about finding the best deal. Thanks again for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts