Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experienced issues using Meancycles for accessories? I placed an order more than a week ago and had to email them twice to try and get a confirmation of the order... Finally received a notice back that the part ( rear pulley upgrade) was only available for preorder. They had the preorder listed on the site but under the link for additional information, there wasn't anything so I assumed that it was not in effect.... The site did not say the part was unavailable at this time.... Finally received a message from them that they had been at Bike Week, so they were running behind, and that Scootworks had notified them that the pulley would be available next week....We all know how finicky Scootworks can be about schedules, so I sent a note to cancel the order two days ago and still haven't heard anything back from Meancycles.... I've used them before with no issues, but get the feeling that they may not be all that customer centered anymore.... Anyone else had issues with them.... Just about ready to notify PayPal of the situation......

·
Registered
273 Posts
meancycles

I had very good results from them. I ordered the OD sprocket last year. In stock and fast shipment plus quite a bit less that SW. I did end up sending it in to SW to get uprgrade on it before I installed it and got it back quick.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I also ordered the front pulley last year, after the new pulley was available, and yup they skip out a lot, go to all the shows, but the nice thing is they did not charge my account until the pulley shipped. I used Mean cycles after getting stiffed by SW so I knew what to expect. That was my only order with them.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just FYI, I've already been charge to my Visa account, so they must have changed their policy of not charging until shipped....

·
Registered
51 Posts
I haven't really had a good experience with them yet.
I ordered a few parts from them my first time, and they sent only one and notified me after my part was received asking me if I wanted to wait for them to get the other parts in. I said no and a week later they refunded me.

The second time I ordered, it wasn't 100% their fault but they had extremely bad communication. I ordered a britt seat from them. They called me a week later telling me it was on backorder and wouldn't be in for a week. It was nearing winter so I was like that's fine. Two weeks later I call them asking about it and they're like "yeah you're #1 on the list to get one, they haven't been in yet."
LONG story short, I got my britt seat from them 3 months later, and it came with no mounting kit or bracket. Everytime I called them they said yeah it will be in, in a week.
I was not pleased to say the least.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Placed my first order with them 9 weeks ago for a SW rear pulley. Just shipped this week (yes, 8+ weeks). Was kept informed (when I asked) about the staus. The big issue was SW consolidated several facilities and they had no pulleys to ship to MeanCycles (saw the e-mails from SW). :sidefrown: It was frustrating having to wait, but will have my pulley in a few days. :drool:

I'll give them another order when I order the front pulley in a few months.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I have nothing but love for them, most of my stuff for both bikes came from them. I was never charged before items were shipped. I givem two thumbs up.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Never had a problem myself. I've only order a couple of times, but one of those orders I called in advance to ask questions about the parts I was after and got friendly and thorough service. Both times reflected fast shipping for me.

Haven't ever ordered anything big from them though.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I've made a few purchases from Meancycle, including a SW rear pulley and had no problems. Of course, everything I ordered was in stock at the time of order and I never had to return anything. So, my experiences with them has been very positive.

Hope you get it worked out quickly.

Kerry

·
Registered
399 Posts
Just FYI, I've already been charge to my Visa account, so they must have changed their policy of not charging until shipped....
I thought this was law not policy. My understanding was that they could not legally bill for a product until it shipped. Can anyone clarify?

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I thought this was law not policy. My understanding was that they could not legally bill for a product until it shipped. Can anyone clarify?
I have heard this as well. I was not charged by MeanCycles until it shipped (order took 8+ weeks), so I was not paying for a product not received yet. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used to order from them a lot and used the Delphi forum discount. One time i ordered a new set of exhaust gaskets when putting on my new pipes and didn't realize that thy sent me two offering gaskets until my stockers were already off. They sent replacements, but it took a few phone calls to get them. Now I use mainly phat performance parts, but would still order from meancycles if the price was right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts