Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, brand new to this site, owned my '04 mean streak since Monday! this is my 4th bike, the first two were rockets, last one was a Boulevard 805. great bike, shaft driven, water cooled, FI, pretty much like the mean streak, but half the motor :wink2:

I am 6'7", i need to put on some highway pegs and crash bars what brand do you all recommend?

I also want to put a heel shifter on this bike. I lowered my last one, making my own "dog bones" out of square stock....can you do the same for these?

this bike is too quiet. i have debaffled stock pipes in the past, this was okay, but the loss of backpressure was noticable..... Would you guys just recommend aftermarket pipes instead? I see folks debaffling the catalytic convertor, can i just eliminate it all together? is there an 02 sensor that would get messed up? i do not have emissions testing here.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Awesome bike, isn't it. Got mine a few months back. Love it!

I've heard aftermarket pipes, a new air cleaner setup, and a power commander make it a whole new bike. Mine came with all this already so I couldn't tell you how true that statement is. But I hear it a lot from other guys.

·
Registered
13 Posts
After doing the Caddman Mod and installing Vance & Hines Big Shots, my 2008 Meanie took on a whole new personality, especially in the 3-6K rev range. In that range she now screams with a devil howl. I like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome to the family!

I have the vance and hines big shots staggered on my bike, judges washers, and mean streak clutch spring (I have vulcan classic, not sure how much translates. As far as I know, the motor should be pretty much the same)

I love my big shots, sounds great, woke the bike up pretty good. Much better acceleration. Can't really tell how great, as my stock clutch spring was slipping, lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank You! Great to be here. The one thing that seemed to really wake up the Mean Streak was soldering that resistor inline with the FI wire. It feeds more fuel to the 1600 which runs lean from the factory. With more fuel to work with and new lungs (pipes and 8" intake), it comes alive for sure. I knew I could get the same thing with an FI Controller, but spending over $200 for what cost me under a buck sealed the deal for me.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts