Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday, I have just pulled my old girl out of moth balls and was looking at a few changes. Does anyone know if Mean Streak bars fit the Classic taking into consideration cables wire looms etc.
Secondly, does the reach change much ? Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just purchased meanstreak handlebars for my 2005 Vulcan 1500 classic FI. Haven't put them on yet. It's in the shed and its -29°C outside... Won't be doing it for awhile. Wish I could tell you how it fits and feels.. But its too damn cold! lol.

Theoretically It should fit. Cables will be fine since its roughly the same pullback/rise. Also I am assuming Kawasaki sticks with the same triple clamp distance for risers and handlebars..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Update on the Handlebars. I bought a 2002 Meanstreak handle bar for my 2005 1500 Classic FI.

Fitment works. Clearances are very tight. Up to you. I like them so far. Getting the nuts on the bottom of the triple tree done up was a pain.. they barely clear so you have to do like 1/4 turns at a time xD.

EDIT: Getting the speedo off with these handlebars requires an engineering degree; but it can be taken off. The angle of the bars leave very little room for you to remove the speedo. I think even if you had risers it would be difficult. To turn full lock your throttle cables and what not rub on the tank... Which over time will damage the clear coat then the paint.

I wouldn't recommend getting these handlebars. Look for a dragbar/t-bar that has a more straight riser area to give room for the speedo. Also recommend a 8 inch rise instead of the 6 inch; to give clearance for the tank.

I ended up buying some 10inch mini apes from J&P cycles. So far so good. Did not require new cables or rerouting.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts