Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering if anyone has ever sent their seat to Mean City Cycles to customize it. If so were you happy with their work. Thanks

lpace502
Murfreesboro, TN

·
Registered
84 Posts
i had them do mine. I paid for the Memory foam mod ($140 at the time) and had them scoot me back and down on the bike.

LOVE it! before the mod i could ride for about 40 mins before getting a sore tailbone, now i can ride all day without issues.

sure beats $400-$600 for a new mustang or corbin seat.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I had them do my C50 stock seat... couldnt tell any difference when it came back. They were very nice folks and had me send it back for a free redo with more foam they said and I still couldnt tell any difference. It made no change in the feel or ability to ride at all. I ended up buying an Airhawk cushion which did help a lot.

Was just wondering if anyone has ever sent their seat to Mean City Cycles to customize it. If so were you happy with their work. Thanks

lpace502
Murfreesboro, TN

·
Registered
641 Posts
I had them put memory foam in my stock seat and it helped quite a bit over the stock seat. I've added an Airhawk cushion which helps even more, giving me twice as long in the saddle.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i had them do the memory foam to my seat and i am quite pleased with it. Before i would get tail bone pain after 50 miles. I can ride 150-200 miles now with out the tail bone pain. The memory foam cost me $100.00 and the shipping both ways was $54.00 from here in Fl. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had them do my Vulcan 500. It made a huge difference. After a 1/2 hr my rear and ride were over.

Its was more than just the memory foam padding, it was also the change in the seats geometry between the back and butt angles.

I also weigh just over 220 lbs. I wonder for those that it made no difference, how much they weigh?

This was not my first upgrade, but I sure wish it was. Neither Corbin or Mustang make a improved seat for my bike. So Customizing my seat was the only option.

It also costs less that Corbin or Mustang seats.

:cool: Vulcan approved

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought a used 900 Classic. The previousowner had the seat redone by Mean City. It looks stock but sure doesn't ride like stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts