Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the MC Enterprise engine Gaurd? If so, how do you like them? Cheaply made? Installs easily? Prevent installation of other aftermarket parts?

Thanks in advance. Ebay has them for $151 and change.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My step-father has one on his bike. Real nice looking bar. Installed super easy.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Hello, Tokyojoe:

Thank you for serving in our military. I really appreciate it and as a veteran you are special in my book. I currently volunteer for the USO at McChord AFB.

I don't have those engine guards, but in my opinion you should spend the money for the OEM engine guards. They have all the correct hardware to mount with the least impact on the bike, they are mounted to not move if the bike goes over, and the quality is excellent. Worth the extra money. You have one bike, spend the money for the best crash bars.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Go with the MC. I have it and UT fits great and looks awesome. That company makes quality products for a low cost. Also, scootoworks sells chaps that go on the MC bar for about 80 bucks that work great in the chilly CO air and help your feet stay dry and toasty. A must buy combo in my book.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I have MC engine guards on my 08 classic. Install was easy.

Remove the bolt holding the horn. (you don't have to remove the horn from the wiring)
Remove a bolt from each running board.
Line up the 3 bolt holes on engine guard. Use the bolts provided.
Mount the horn on the engine guard.

I have over sized floorboards.

When I installed my lowers I had to check clearance.

Here is a bunch of pics.
http://s572.photobucket.com/albums/ss163/Pharoah_2009/

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have them on my 900. Good quality and they work!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok....enough positive responses and not one bad response so......I will trust ya'll. I just bought it off eBay for $154 and change (free shipping). Now to get some highway bars to attach to it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! That was fast! I got my engine guard today! Arrived three days after order on eBay.

Only issue was the box was open sitting on my porch when I got home. A rectangular hole was in the box also. Not too happy about that. Either UPS did it or the company sending it did a poor job. The box had those big brass-looking metal staples but that's where they had been pulled open.

Bad round of back spasms and cramps keeping me from messing around with it. I hope all is well tomorrow so I can install.

Being new to riding motorcycles and doing a lot of riding in a short amount of time, I wonder if the riding caused the spasms/cramping. Very severe and even vicodin and valium along with a heating pad are not helping! Sucks!

I am happy (engine guard is here) and sad (back) at the same time. Puts a damper on the fun.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hopefully you can make riding a bit more comfortable to avoid the pain. There are aftermarket seats, handlebar risers, seat cushions, and foot pegs to consider. It does help to be able to shift positions while riding every once in awhile. Now that you have an engine guard you can add footpegs if you want. I found some at J.C. Whitney for $28 and they work fine. Just enter "ROUND O-RING FOOT PEGS " into the search box on their site:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/

They also have several other styles you can see by entering "Fold-up Foot Pegs"

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the MC full engine guard on my 07 Classic. About a month ago I went down on a really slow u-turn, flew off the bike though. As I picked myself up, I couldn't help but keep looking at my bike resting comfortably at a 45 degree angle, resting on the bottom of the guard. - best $179 I ever spent - no damage whatsoever (maybe a sand grain sized dimple somewhere on the bottom of the guard, but I haven't found it yet!). I also didn't scuff my jacket and had no physical injury either. They say it's not a matter of going down, its a matter of when... Hopefully that was my "when" and that's the kind of "accident" to have!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is there a big difference in appearance beteen OEM and MC? Seems like I've seen guards I didn't like the looks of.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts