Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May brings good riding weather for all. So how wants to ride and share your miles with others? It's simple, Post a picture of your odometer at the beginning of the month and one at the end. Ending mileage will be due no later than midnight of the last day on month. If you own more than one bike then total miles on all count (only your miles count, not other rider miles), just have to submit beginning and ending readings for all bikes. We will do this every month so riders with limited riding weather during winter will have a chance during the summer. If you participatd in the previous months challenge your ending reading in that one will your beginning reading for this month. There will also be a winner for total miles at end of year if you join our Annual Mileage Challenge which you can join at any times:

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
853 Posts
I have 0 so far thanks to the wife having work for me to do all weekend once my stomach felt better....

·
Houston, Texas
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 0 so far thanks to the wife having work for me to do all weekend once my stomach felt better....
You sure you feel better? Might need to go get some medicine. Take the bike, show up 4 hours later and tell her you had to take a 💩 , a really long one. If you try this I know a good Counsellor. 😉

·
Registered
853 Posts
Should have thought of that one myself, now its supposed to rain all week and I missed my opportunity! I am certain I will find other ways to create the need for a counselor so I may hit you up on that one :p

·
Registered
853 Posts
Now the in laws are here for the weekend as a mother's day stay, it's forecasted to rain all weekend, so not likely I will get to ride 😢 the bright side is the wife's nephew got a mini bike for Christmas and brought it with him so after work I got it running for him and got to enjoy him riding it around making me jealous! He rode more in my parking lot than I have so far this month!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Day two with the in laws, the nephew continues to taunt me with his bike while I am stuck watching and feeling left out of the fun

His mom is letting him participate in an event riding that in the dirt so he is getting some practice in grass as it's all we have to offer 😂 there's possibly enough dog :poop: to simulate dirt...at least I hope it came from the dog, maybe it was me and I forgot about it :p anyway, glad I can be the FUNcle instead of a boring uncle and help him be a future rider! More importantly make sure he learns about proper gear!

·
Houston, Texas
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Day two with the in laws, the nephew continues to taunt me with his bike while I am stuck watching and feeling left out of the fun
View attachment 249066
His mom is letting him participate in an event riding that in the dirt so he is getting some practice in grass as it's all we have to offer 😂 there's possibly enough dog :poop: to simulate dirt...at least I hope it came from the dog, maybe it was me and I forgot about it :p anyway, glad I can be the FUNcle instead of a boring uncle and help him be a future rider! More importantly make sure he learns about proper gear!
Looks like he rides better than you. :ROFLMAO: ;)

·
Registered
853 Posts
UPDATE So he got bored of casual riding and decided he wants to pursue a career in stunting

Unfortunately this type of hooligan riding carrys high risk, and after an untimely lowside there was some damaged plastic

Luckily the pit was not far away where I could work my magic with screws and zip ties to get the front reattached. After getting it back in order, the next logical thing the mechanic must do is a test ride to make sure everything is alright

Finally, my dreams of riding this weekend had come true, but more importantly the nephew could get back to practicing his new love for the hooligan lifestyle!

·
Houston, Texas
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What, you didn't do any wheelies? Did you take a before and after picture of mileage? You need all the help you can get. ;)

·
Houston, Texas
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just got home where I could look at pictures on something other than phone, you are young, well at least young looking :unsure:. My oldest son was born in 1972. I'm getting old, but still ride more than you!! 🤭

·
Registered
853 Posts
Thanks, I am 36 so I consider myself young :cool: as for young looking must have just been a good angle :whistle: as for riding more than me....yeah I got nothing haha!! Guess I am just young enough to work a lot more :p

·
Houston, Texas
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm young at heart and mind, just some of the body is starting to slow down, mainly knees. You might work a tad more than me, but I put in a 50 hours week, 5 ten hour days, with a 2 hour commute. I kid my sons all the time, I can still do one arm pullups, they can't, if fact very few people can. I have video proof from a bet resently, yes, I'm a true nut.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Well at least you are correct about one thing, you are a true nut 🤪 guess that's what we have in common and why we get along so well! Almost everyone I spend time with is older than me, even my wife older than me, and most of my life I have always gotten along with people older than me better than anyone my age or younger. Hope everyone out there got more miles in today than I did! Think my parking lot fun was about .04 miles and expect to see it reflected on the end of month results!

·
Registered
853 Posts
You still haven't convinced me to post up my pictures on the zx6r wearing a coconut bra 😂 not sure what caused all the screws to loosen up there but i have yet to be able to tighten them back down!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts