·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
tenminimum

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
As there is a separation between Church and State so should there be a separation between government and business. Politicians are terrible business people and have no sense when it comes to running one. Are local city officials bought a downtown hotel that none of the hotel chains wanted, 3 tried and bailed, and are now spending at last count 85mil to renovate but have yet to tell us who needed all this convention space ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I believe that politicians are really good at getting people to vote for them. This has absolutely nothing to do with actually running a country. Just my $.02

·
V2K Rogue Wrangler
1,112 Posts
...or making any kind of wise decisions...

I believe that politicians are really good at getting people to vote for them. This has absolutely nothing to do with actually running a country. Just my $.02
+1

politicians are a necessary evil. unfortunately, politicians have brainwashed the majority of the population into believing that they can't think for themselves and must rely upon big government to think for them. This is true to the extent that the government runs public education and therefore gets to decide what most children in this country are taught; and they are taught that they must rely upon the government to think for them. Even private schools model themselves after public schools, so there isn't much of an advantage there. WE ARE DOOMED TO BE SLAVES TO BIG GOVERNMENT!

(step down from soapbox)

sorry 'bout that! it just came out.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
only in the south my friends...only in the south .....too bad...

A lawyer runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by a sheriff's deputy. He thinks that he is smarter than the deputy because he is a lawyer from new york and is certain that he has a better education then any cop from the south. He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the southern deputy's expense.

The deputy says, 'license and registration, please.'

'what for?' says the lawyer...

The deputy says, 'you didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign.'

then the lawyer says, 'i slowed down, and no one was coming.'

'you still didn't come to a complete stop, says the deputy. License and registration, please.'

the lawyer says, 'what's the difference?'

'the difference is you have to come to complete stop, that's the law. License and registration, please!' the deputy repeats..

Lawyer says, 'if you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop, i'll give you my license and registration; and you give me the ticket... If not, you let me go and don't give me the ticket.'

'that sounds fair. Please exit your vehicle, sir,' the deputy says.

At this point, the deputy takes out his nightstick, starts beating the heck out of the lawyer, and says, 'do you want me to stop, or just slow down?'

god bless the south ........
Now thats funny ........

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Thanx Ponch, I needed that laugh!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Sorry Ponch, the bar story (although entertaining) isn't really true. Doesn't mean i don't like it though!

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
A simple analogy that makes things understandable.

If you can answer this correctly, you can answer the question on what action to take on raising the Federal debt ceiling.

You come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup and you have sewage up to your ceiling.

What do you do……raise the ceiling, or pump out the shit?
I like this one...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts