Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added my Garmin LT1450 to the center of my handlebars and it looks great.....as long as I don't turn the handlebars. When I turn them, the top corners of the GPS holder will hit the fairing.

Since the GPS is a 5" screen, I need to go with a smaller size, does anyone use a 4.3" screen?

I plan to also use a waterproof case, such as this type:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221186786520

Thanks.....

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Not knowing how it mounts, can you move the mount towards you slightly to clear the dash? Perhaps a ram mount will cure the interference issues. This is how mine is with a TomTom3, a bit smaller than yours, but all kinds of room.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the photos, Rick. Looks like someone was having fun in the sun.

The GPS I have installed has a 5" screen and is inside a 'waterproof' case. When the handlebars are fully turned, the diagonal corners hit on top and bottom.

It seems to be only the case that is hitting and it has some give to it, so it may not be too bad. Can't test it today, we had 3" of white stuff fall overnight.

I was thinking of using a 4.3" screen, just wanted to hear if anyone else is using one, or if the same issues may happen.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I use the same GPS and Mount (LT1450 5") on my Voyager without issues . . . Or maybe I just don't notice the issues since it only occurs at full rotation, meaning low speed parking lot maneuvers so its easy to just reach up and readjust the GPS if I do knock it out of whack . . . On a long and winding road . . . No issues . . .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Garmin GPS

Has anyone installed a Garmin 390 on their VV? I really do not want the 665 and the 390 looks smaller than the 660.

Does anyone know if the 390 will operate on the Kawi supplied GPS connection and work through the audio system?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Big Screen TV?

The 1450 looks like a home theatre system!!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
The 1450 looks like a home theatre system!!!
Its a good sized screen, but it's still hard to see in the sunlight . . . I keep my display on night mode because the dark background adds contrast making it easier (for me) to see it in the sunlight . . .

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I use a RAM mount to mount my 660 at the center of the bars. The arms come in different lengths to provide the clearances necessary. I had a NUVI 765T previously and even used the large waterproof hard case. With that case I had to move it to pull out the key. The waterproof case makes it almost impossible to see the screen of the GPS in the bright sun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts