Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Howdy Sea Dog and others. I just spotted regional as well. Your in western Mass, I'm not sure how far west you are but I'm not far from Sheffield. I'll watch this forum and see how it develops, perhaps a group ride could be scheduled. I'm thinking about doing Americade this season. I get together with some of the fellas from the northwest corner of CT for an annual ride to Vermont also. Always looking to explore new rides.:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Howdy Sea Dog and others. I just spotted regional as well. Your in western Mass, I'm not sure how far west you are but I'm not far from Sheffield. I'll watch this forum and see how it develops, perhaps a group ride could be scheduled. I'm thinking about doing Americade this season. I get together with some of the fellas from the northwest corner of CT for an annual ride to Vermont also. Always looking to explore new rides.:)
Cool. I'm in the Springfield area. Do a lot of rides out towards the Bershires. We run 44 out to either 7N. or continue out to Millerton then up 22. Also Vt. etc. Lots of great roads for you to explore. I don't do Americade or any of those. Maybe some day but for me just too many people. LOL Since I drive truck in New England I'm lucky that I know a lot of decent roads including NY up to Plattsburgh, Tupper Lake, Lake Placid, Amsterdam, Catskills etc., Ct., R.I., Vt., Maine and a little of NH. Oh ya of course MA. LOL will be fun to hook up with ya on one of the rides. I run a VN900 Classic LT .
Just saw where you are on the map. I've delivered out to Pauling and Dover Plains. LOL small world.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey Dog, Just wondering who you drive for. I work in a factory in Danbury and often get truckers coming in from the Springfield area. Have you a hazmat cert?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cool! Western Mass is so great for riding. I used to live in Southfield, MA and I started and owned The Great Barrington Sign Company for 3 years. The funny thing was I bought a 750 Shadow but had no one to ride with. So after 14 months and under 1,000 miles I sold it! Now I live on long Island, bought a 1600 Classic and am trying to connect with folks to ride in the Berkshires with. Strange, strange world, huh?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Dog, Just wondering who you drive for. I work in a factory in Danbury and often get truckers coming in from the Springfield area. Have you a hazmat cert?
Nope no Hazmat. I let it expire a few years back. I use to run for Martin Brower (McDonalds) After 20 yrs I bailed out took some time off opened a photo studio but economy sucked and overhead killed me. Sooo back to driving truck. I run for Simmons Mattress now. Do a double line haul out to Taunton Ma everynite. Drop and hook which is great for an old fart like me. End of the year me is hanging it up. Turn in keys and join the world of the retired people. Too many yrs too many miles.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool! Western Mass is so great for riding. I used to live in Southfield, MA and I started and owned The Great Barrington Sign Company for 3 years. The funny thing was I bought a 750 Shadow but had no one to ride with. So after 14 months and under 1,000 miles I sold it! Now I live on long Island, bought a 1600 Classic and am trying to connect with folks to ride in the Berkshires with. Strange, strange world, huh?
I think the Bershires are one of the best places to ride. Traffic not bad and soooooo many back roads. Bit of a haul from Long Island for ya though. Maybe will catch you out there someday. Daughter lives in Lanesboro so I'm out there a bit riding.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Let me know if you need help with that retirement thing!

·
Registered
59 Posts
It was 125 miles from our driveway on LI to our driveway in Southfield.
There were a couple of times I did it in 2hrs flat (in a Porsche Boxster, not a bike!)
Really not bad trip.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Howdy Brewer, Nice to hear you. I have never been to Maine but it's on my list of places to visit. I know and elderly fella from Skowhegan, He calls himself a "Maniac". We had fairly decent weather last weekend. I was able to get about 2 hrs of riding time in and ran her pretty down low in the tank. Refilled her with 19 Li Shell High Test. Gonna try to get around to installing a HID headlight kit I picked up last month.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Boston suburb. 900 Classic. Most ferquent area has been Sea coast NH and Maine, up to Bentley's, West to Lake Winni. From home, usual rides cover down to the Cape over to Hull.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just joined, Im from Maine too. Just bought my first bike...2003 meanstreak...and looking to hook up with some folks for a few rides this summer. Maine has some great runs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi from Kentville Nova Scotia. Calling for 2cms of snow tonight 5 tomorrow with high wind. Not enough snow for the skidoo so that can be summerized. Too much snow on ATV trails,a ride 0n the 1500 looks to be 4-6 weeks away,unless there is a big change in the weather. I hate this time of year. I have to go to sea for a month soon,maybe spring will be here when I get home. We had a nice ride to Laconia last year,however the rain rolled in and man was it heavy. I didn't stop until I rolled into the garage at home. I would not want to drive in rain like that again. I have a bad case of PMS( parked motorcycle syndrome )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bedford NH here. mostly stick to NH but planning on hitting up some Maine asphalt. If you ever get a chance the northern part of rt16 above the lakes region is killer. I tend to stick to the no helmet states

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm from Bedford, NH as well. Plenty of great rides up here for when I find a couple of hours free. I like heading east to cruise up Rt 1 from Hampton Beach to Kittery and northwest to explore from here up to Lake Sunapee area. I also spend a fair amount of time in the summer on Cape Cod where exploring the back roads on the bike is way better than sitting in Rt28 or Rt6 traffic with the masses. Can't wait for the rain to blow thru this weekend - next week should be in the mid 50's and the bike will finally get out of the shed! Got some new Edge 103 XL saddlebags on the way to enable some overnight trips up the Maine coast this summer. Can't wait...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was able to ride out to the Rangely Lake late last Summer. We took a long weekend and rented a cabin right on the lake. Great time and ride both ways.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts