Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post your bikes here to be entered in this month's Bike of the Month contest!

To enter your Vulcan, all you need to do is tell us a little about it, and post some photo(s). And don't forget the story behind the bike because that can often turn the trick!

The winner for each round will be chosen by our members' votes! A new voting thread will be created near the end of the month.

Year:
Model:
Eng size:
Pipes:
Seat:
Wheels:
Accessories:
And the story:

As long as you haven't won in the past year you can enter again.

Please post your entries in the active month's thread. That thread will be closed at the end of the month. We'll start a poll with that month's entries and the winner will be named and have their bike featured on the home page.

You must have accumulated 15 posts in order to enter a bike, or to discuss the bikes, or to vote. You will be able to view the bikes, but not discuss them, vote on them, or enter your own until you have accumulated 15 posts. This is the same number of posts that has been required in the past to vote for BOTM.

Please note; You may be disqualified if you 'rally votes' from other members. This can include sending private messages asking for votes, posting new threads asking for forum members to vote for you, etc.

Please be respectful when discussing other members bikes. You may also be disqualified for unsportsman-like comments about other bikes, which can include insults, demeaning comments, or demanding in open forums or PM's that others not vote for them or that they be disqualified. If you have a legitimate concern that someone is not competing fairly and should not be considered for voting, PM a moderator

·
BOTM Winner, March 2015
124 Posts
900 Custom Bagg-a-Bones

Year: 2007
Model: Vulcan Custom
Eng size: 900cc
Pipes: Britt
Seat: La Rosa Designs
Wheels: Stock Wheels... runnin' dark side!
Accessories: Road King rear fender and stretched bags
And the story:

The story is I pretty much always wanted a street sweeping low stretched bagger and I've always preferred the more simplistic retro styling versus bikes that look like the Batmobile :cat: . After doing some research, making some measurements on friends "flock bikes", and many nights staring at photoshop on my laptop... I convinced myself if I bought the right parts, I could build my own bagger versus sitting around dreaming of one. I posted a pretty long and picture heavy post on the build of this bike a few years back, I think it still exists on here somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up. Anyhow, the bike keeps evolving... this spring has a few new changes coming and I wanted to hold off on entering until the new goodies were ready, but I've been so busy with work and kids that who knows when I'll have it done. Everything was done by me, with simple tools in a standard country garage. Virtually nothing "bolted right on" as it was all intended for a Harley and had to be fabricated or modified. The paint job is a faux rust patina that I ended up liking enough to stick with a while. (Had a friend or two I've painted their guitars like this as well...) It's a fun bike to ride and usually starts up conversations at the gas pump... it's been a great tool for meeting new inquizative people on a slow Sunday afternoon cruise. I can't wait to get back on the road. Thanks for looking... hope it sparks some interest, or inspiration.

Here's the link to the original build...
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29118&highlight=900+custom+bagger

·
Registered
59 Posts
Year. 1999
Model. Vulcan Nomad
Engine. 1500
Pipes. Vance and Hines
Tires. Metzeler Marathon 880 whitewalls
Seat. Mustang

My 99 Nomad that I bought last August after a 15 year hiatus from riding.. Before..

Started out by installing a new steel oil pump gear(JOG) and it kind of mushroomed into a whole bunch of mods. Added the fairing,Pioneer amp and CD player,4.5" risers,Metzler 880 whitewalls,Vance and Hines Dual Baggers,and a few other goodies. Also lowered the floorboards in the rear about an inch to get the feel just right. Here's how she turned out..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Been away, back again, still need updated pics ;)

Year: 2008
Model: VN2000
Eng size: 2053cc
Pipes: V&H Powershots (not pictured)
Seat: Stock
Wheels: Stock
Accessories: Hard Bags, Custom Flag Mount, LED accent lights, Barons BAK, PCIII
And the story: I bought my very first bike while in the Army at Fort Leonard Wood, MO back in 2009. It was a 2007 Honda Shadow 750 with about 3500 miles on it. After just under a year, I had to sell the bike in order to get a vehicle I could carry around all of my Army crap in. 3 years later, after separating from the Army, the bike fever hits and I'm searching online for a bike. I went to Barnett Harley Davidson here in El Paso to look at a VTX1800 they had listed on their website. Of course, while walking around my eye catches other bikes. Before my eyes could catch this beautiful beast, it catches the eyes of my wife. That's right, my wife first noticed the bike and fell in love. She didn't even want me sitting on another bike, and when I saw it, I couldn't agree more. When they go to start it, dead. Once it's jumped off, I test drove it and that was it...I had to have it. After a few days of them putting a new battery, tires, and full service, I was driving away with it. I take the most pride going on runs with the Patriot Guard and honoring my fellow brothers and sisters in arms.

·
Premium Member
12,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Voting has begun for this month's winner so save any more entries for the April contest once that thread is created.

You can vote for the winner BY CLICKING HERE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.