Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all knowledgable Vulcan Riders,

OK, I modified my exhaust. Drilled out the front plate of the baffle, cut the pipe, drilled 4 holes. Sounds perfect. Bike runs great, except for an annoying backfire and popping.

So, I attempted to marble, I just want to make sure I did it right before I take off.

I have an 09 900. There is an air hose running from the top front of the air box to a junction. (This is where I stuffed the marble). At the junction are 2 other air hoses and an electrical switch. A hose runs to each cylinder head and goes in just above the exhaust intake. I am asuming that the switch senses deceleration and opens. Air runs from the air box, to the junction and is split to the intake of the exhaust to help ignite unburned fuel?

What I hope I have done is just disable the airflow so extra air is not sent to the exhaust, therefore no oxygen to burn fuel in my pipes unecessarily=no popping or backfiring.

If this sounds right, give me a thumbs up

·
Registered
424 Posts
You got it!

To all knowledgable Vulcan Riders,

OK, I modified my exhaust. Drilled out the front plate of the baffle, cut the pipe, drilled 4 holes. Sounds perfect. Bike runs great, except for an annoying backfire and popping.

So, I attempted to marble, I just want to make sure I did it right before I take off.

I have an 09 900. There is an air hose running from the top front of the air box to a junction. (This is where I stuffed the marble). At the junction are 2 other air hoses and an electrical switch. A hose runs to each cylinder head and goes in just above the exhaust intake. I am asuming that the switch senses deceleration and opens. Air runs from the air box, to the junction and is split to the intake of the exhaust to help ignite unburned fuel?

What I hope I have done is just disable the airflow so extra air is not sent to the exhaust, therefore no oxygen to burn fuel in my pipes unecessarily=no popping or backfiring.

If this sounds right, give me a thumbs up

You are correct have a good ride.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yep, it won't eliminate all the backfireing but it will help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts