Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks Jimbo
Since i have no kids at home and my wife claims I lost all my marbles years ago, LOL, I will have to look for another device to make this mod. Has anyone else found anything that works in place of a marble?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I used a wire nut to do mine dont recall what color ....was one of the ones with wings on the side....i cut the mings off with a knife

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Mcgyver in me popped out.
I used Duct tape over the nipple the hose goes on.
This way if I ever want to reverse the mod, I won't be fishing for something stuffed in a tube.

Thanks for the feedback, This forum is awesome when you are looking for feedback or advice.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Mcgyver in me popped out.
I used Duct tape over the nipple the hose goes on.
This way if I ever want to reverse the mod, I won't be fishing for something stuffed in a tube.

Thanks for the feedback, This forum is awesome when you are looking for feedback or advice.
That's what I was thinking. How the heck would I get a marble out later?

·
Registered
657 Posts
It's easy. You just squirt a little water (very little) in there and you can easily squeeze it out like popping a zit!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
No more "pop"!

Ever since I did the first stage debaffle (just the screens) I had an annoying exhaust "pop" the split second I let off the gas. Today I did the marbling trick and the pop is gone! Sounds much better. I didn't have a marble. Dug out my marrettes (wire nuts). Yellow was too loose and red was too tight so I ground down the fat end of the red one on the bench grinder to get a smaller diameter. If I ever want to remove it I'l just grip it with the pliers and turn a piece of wire into it to pull it out. Very easy mod to do. Pull the hose off. Plug the hose. Replace the hose.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Done the same way. squat down by the bike on the carb side, look behind the front right top corner of the air cleaner on the back and you will see a half inch diameter black hose that comes off the back of the air cleaner. It has a squeeze clamp holding it on the nipple. Slide the clamp past the nipple, push the hose off the back of the filter and jam a marble or correct size wire nut into the hose, put it back on and re-apply the squeeze clamp. Takes longer to find the wire nut and less then 5 minutes for a nervous nelly like me to do the operation.

Go find a wire nut, relax, and do it. This thread is link enough.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Why not just remove the hose and install a rubber cap on the valve and air cleaner nipples, instead of stuffing a marble in the hose?

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Why not just remove the hose and install a rubber cap on the valve and air cleaner nipples, instead of stuffing a marble in the hose?
Caps will work. I got rid of all the hoses and put caps on the two nipples coming out of the cam covers. Reused the hose clamps. Much cleaner looking on top of the engine now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts