Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I did do the search and could not find the answer. I want to marble my bike it has a hypercharger. It does not have the hose that you marble going to the hypercharger. My question is were does the othere end of the hose go to? I think they might have just took the hose off but dont know.
I took a pic of where it looks like something should have a hose on it. If anyone could please let me know where the hose goes I would be greatful.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks nlrider I will look in the morning and see if I can find it.

Tim

·
Registered
782 Posts
The hose from the back of the stock air box went to a little electronic solenoid valve that hangs under the tank over the front jug. If you look at the chrome cover on top of the front jug you should see a rubber hose coming out at the very front edge. This hose goes back up to the same solenoid valve. This valve has 3 hoses attached to it (one from the stock air box, one to the rear jug and one to the front jug). There are some folks who have taken all these hoses off when "marbling". Marbling is just disconnecting this valve from the jugs. If you take the hoses off, you need to put rubber vacuum caps over all the places where the hoses were attached, especially the ones on the jugs. Otherwise water & dirt can get in there. The idea of removing all the hoses just cleans up the look of the engine a bit. You can not disconnect the valve from the wiring harness and remove it all together. If you do, the computer puts us a warning light for the fuel injectors.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks Jeep Pirate for the reply. Going out to check it right now.

Tim

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeep Pirate Thanks for the great directions. I found the hose. It was pluged off and bent towerd the back so you couldnt see it. Im going to check and retorq the header bolts.

Tim

·
Registered
782 Posts
Glad it helped. I am planning to remove all the hoses from mine soon. It looks like there is enough room to hide the little valve up in the channel under the fuel tank. I think I can just zip tie it to some wiring there to keep it out of the way. This is a simple little mod that cleans up the look of the engine and is totally reversible if you don't loose the hoses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts