Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I put on a set of true duals and a Cobra FI2000R controller. Took it out and man did it ever back fire on decelerating. So I did the little stuff the Mable in the hose trick. That stopped the back firing 100%. Then I took off the Idle Solenoids but the bike when started up had a very high idle and would never drop off. So I put the solenoids back on it to get my low idle back. Is there something special that has to be done if these are taken off? Do I need to plug the two hose nipples on the backup plate or something? Has anyone else removed them and how did you do it to get it to run good afterwards?:confused:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay I will try it again and just use a hose off one solenoid to plug the two ports together where I unplugged each unit. That should do the job.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I picked up a small pack of rubber vacuum plugs at Autozone today and removed the solenoids again and plugged the two nipples off. Now I need to install the small piece of rubber hose on the throttle lever under the tank so I can adjust the idle up some more like shown on gadgets page. I would not have guessed this bike would have gotten so quiet now without those solenoids working. What a difference as it actually sounds great now without those solenoids clacking.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Okay I will try it again and just use a hose off one solenoid to plug the two ports together where I unplugged each unit. That should do the job.
What I did was took a couple of caps off air valves on my car, silicone them in place over the vacuum nipples and it's clean, out of the way and no leaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts