Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the marble mod today as my V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes pop and backfire a bit. I inserted a bolt with a fairly tght fit in the reed valve tube. Popping has cut down about half what it was. I was wondering, the nut being hexagonal and still letting a little gas through whether a total seal as with a marble would improve things. Or as I have read a slight air gap like I have makes for the best result. Any thoughts on this?

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
If the hex nut is a tight fit, I would think you would be fine. I used a marble and it reduced most of the popping. The only time it will pop is if I leave the throttle open slightly on decal. If I close completely no popping. You can always add the marble, won't hurt... :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the hex nut is a tight fit, I would think you would be fine. I used a marble and it reduced most of the popping. The only time it will pop is if I leave the throttle open slightly on decal. If I close completely no popping. You can always add the marble, won't hurt... :D
Thanks - might try a marble. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could not find a wire nut in any shop today so bought a bag of marbles, removed the hex bolt and pushed one up the tube. Great result - popping nearly gone!:)

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Hsy bay rider, I hope you don't mind me cutting in. I have a question about marbling; if I'm putting after market pipes on now and marble, do I need to take the marble out in a month or two when I add a fuel processor?
Again, sorry for butting in, just this is really a close topic to my question. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Hsy bay rider, I hope you don't mind me cutting in. I have a question about marbling; if I'm putting after market pipes on now and marble, do I need to take the marble out in a month or two when I add a fuel processor?
Again, sorry for butting in, just this is really a close topic to my question. Thanks
No, you will not need to remove the marble with any future mods. I still have mine, and I have the big 3 upgrades.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Thanks Bosco. I kind of thought that, but wasn't sure.
Sorry again Bay Rider for the interruption.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts