Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a VN 900, stage 2 debaffled, SW front pulley, PCV fuel tuner. I am planning on getting Hard Krome Stripper pipes, but until then I am wondering if anyone has mapped a stock 900, with only debaffled pipes? furthermore, should gear calabration be changed with the addition of this SW front pulley?

Also, do companies like Hard Krome have maps for different bikes, or should you have it autotuned? Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I have a VN 900, stage 2 debaffled, SW front pulley, PCV fuel tuner. I am planning on getting Hard Krome Stripper pipes, but until then I am wondering if anyone has mapped a stock 900, with only debaffled pipes? furthermore, should gear calabration be changed with the addition of this SW front pulley?

Also, do companies like Hard Krome have maps for different bikes, or should you have it autotuned? Any help would be great.
I would try the M17-015-001 map available on the Power Commander website for now. Debaffling a stock exhaust is more for the noise than performance. Not sure what you mean by "gear calibration". Can you explain plz? AutoTune is a component sold by Dyno Jet (Power Commander) that attaches to your PCV and requires the addition of an O2 sensor to your exhaust. By all means have the bike dyno tuned at a reputable shop after you get your new pipes. Using someone else's map is like borrowing someone's toothbrush. Do it right.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the PCV calibration functions there are settings that can be changed for engine temp, throtle position, gear calibration, and more. I am not sure if the Scoot Works pulley mod would change the gear calibration, thus requiring a manual override of the factory settings in the PCV. I'm definitally going to get dynotested once I'm done with all mods (ie. air intake and exhaust). Currently just looking for something to get by on.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
In the PCV calibration functions there are settings that can be changed for engine temp, throtle position, gear calibration, and more. I am not sure if the Scoot Works pulley mod would change the gear calibration, thus requiring a manual override of the factory settings in the PCV. I'm definitally going to get dynotested once I'm done with all mods (ie. air intake and exhaust). Currently just looking for something to get by on.
The Power Commander has no idea what the gear selection is in the Vulcan 900 and most likely doesn't care. The mapping is based on throttle position and RPM. The throttle position feature in the PC is required to be married to the TPS on the bike so they are both on the same page. If you are running a drag bike, full blown with nitrous then gear calibration tuning may net you that 1/10 of a second to maybe beat the guy in lane 2. Your bike is water cooled so changes in engine temperature between cruising and drag racing are minimal. We could all get by with a fuel processor that simply adds fuel like the Vance and Hines or Dobeck Performance units.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts