1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Nice find. This is the first paper manual I have seen (that wasn't a copy) other than Kawasaki's. They are usually very good quality.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The amazon page still says out of stock,
but just got an email that the manual has been shipped

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
These JUST came out. Would be interested to hear what people think of them. I have the Kawasaki service manual which is nice for 'what order to do things'. It gives you step by step (remove this, remove that, replace part, etc.). For some projects, a more detailed manual might be nice. Wonder if the Clymer delivers on that?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These JUST came out. Would be interested to hear what people think of them.

I have the Kawasaki service manual which is nice for 'what order to do things'. It gives you step by step (remove this, remove that, replace part, etc.). For some projects, a more detailed manual might be nice. Wonder if the Clymer delivers on that?
I'll do a review when I get it, but I have the clymer for other bikes.
The matching book made fixing the bike alot easier

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
These JUST came out. Would be interested to hear what people think of them. I have the Kawasaki service manual which is nice for 'what order to do things'. It gives you step by step (remove this, remove that, replace part, etc.). For some projects, a more detailed manual might be nice. Wonder if the Clymer delivers on that?
The book is here. It'll get me thru the repairs
There are some directions that tell you to refer to another chapter to be able to keep going or reaasemble in reverse of disassembly.

Like removing the drive belt....
Remove the rear tire is described here in this chapter 11 Im looking at, but have to go to chap 13 to to take out the swing arm and chap 7 for engine pulley.

The directions state.. Installation is the reverse of removal,....
but there is also "note the following" special directions to look out for, as you proceed with reassembly

It has decent schematics in the back
And lots of diagrams

I just opened to any page that popped up with pics showing.Here's what I saw

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just happened to be looking around over in amazon, they have a few of these in stock :cool:

Clymer Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic, Classic LT and Custom 2006-2013 Manual (Clymer Manuals) Paperback – July

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Like removing the drive belt....
Remove the rear tire is described here in this chapter 11 Im looking at, but have to go to chap 13 to to take out the swing arm and chap 7 for engine pulley.
A searchable PDF copy of the Kawi manual on my tablet is my best friend. Beats flipping pages back and forth all day.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I went ahead and cut it into little pieces and poured gasoline on it....light it, and once melted, burried it. I feel better now. LOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts