Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a free kuryakyn cat,at my local bike shop. Looked at the front cover and discovered it was for Harleys only:eek: WTF You gotta be jokin,a 1'' thick book all harley chrome made buy kury Tons of the most inovative awsome chrome,enough to make your crouch wet,Ive never seen so much aftermarket stuff.So will someone make me understand why,why,why is the voyager overlooked?It would seem to me to be in kurys best interest to bring something for the voager to the table.Come on ,Maybe alittle bling chrome for the fairing,maybe ----God forbid a cool chrome trim with skulls on it for some windshield dressup,How about 1 pair, just 1 pair of cool air breather covers. Makes one wonder if their gettin paid not to make items.Sorry I just had to blow steam,If any of you have seen the harley parts catalog you gotta be askin yourself the same thing,Yah I guess all we get are foot pegs and handle bar grips Woopty F%#@K whats the real story here? I might just make a call to them to ask WHY!!!!! Ma KAW aint doin a whole lot for us either chrome rails for allmost 400.00$ What Kaw offers are insane prices what am I not getting here ? You would think aftermarket parts for a bike thats been out since 09 would be a money maker for kaw and joy for us. 09-2012 what do we really have! not even a stock luggage rack,sompin just aint right with this picture here????:mad: Sorry For The'' Rant''

·
Registered
287 Posts
I feel your pain man :(.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel your pain man :(.
Kawasaki must not be thinkin straight or something! They intruduce a bike like the vaquero thats gotta be a market strategy to drag off some wouldbe road gliders with a bike that looks like a road glide and this is not a slam on vaquero owners but they got rid of the aux lights up front and opted for a single headlight that in my opinion looks stupid and stuck on some dorky rear side bag bars again dorky, The bike just doesnt do it for me,If Kaw wants to take on the Allmighty harley market like they obiously are they need to have some aftermarket parts for ther bikes or their just pissin in the wind!I can just see the storm comin when the pretty black out paint starts wearin off on those parts on the vaquero and it will,Maybe I had a bad hair day today forgive me:(

·
Registered
207 Posts
Kawi isnt taking on HD, just taking a little piece of the pie. You can bet they know they arent going to take over the world by converting all the HD owners. They made a good looking/running bike for a $hit!oad less. Do you think they're going to fill in the vents with lights and add chrome everywhere and still maintain a $5k less price? Think about it, they'd go out of business. Besides, if you want all that extra bling, you can buy a Voyager. More chrome, front vents have the lights, and you pay more. Or just go buy a HD for $5k more and another $100 for a catalog of their overpriced, overmarketed boots, keychains, vests, follow the crowd parts, etc. The Vaquero is a cheaper alternative that rides a lot nicer. You can always change it up to get the look ya want. And I'm pretty sure Harley offers a few blacked out models. Maybe their paint will last forever for the extra $5k, lol.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kawi isnt taking on HD, just taking a little piece of the pie. You can bet they know they arent going to take over the world by converting all the HD owners. They made a good looking/running bike for a $hit!oad less. Do you think they're going to fill in the vents with lights and add chrome everywhere and still maintain a $5k less price? Think about it, they'd go out of business. Besides, if you want all that extra bling, you can buy a Voyager. More chrome, front vents have the lights, and you pay more. Or just go buy a HD.
You havent heard the new Harley comercials on the radio aparently,their takin it seriously!Its time Kaw and kury did to! My god I cant even buy a chrome rear brake cover or clutch and front brake covers for the Voyager.No wind deflectors, How bout a cb antenna option,No luggage rack,How about a padded back section to cover the gap between the rear rest and the rear seat?What about tires and it goes on and on ! I dont think there going to covert any harley owners any time soon they love their aftermarket toys to much to give that up.I just think when a company builds a great machine like the vulcan line they should back it up with all the chrome goodies and such.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Actually I havent heard the Harley commercials. Not sure what they are doing diff than before. But I think the average Voyager or even a lot of Vaquero owners kind of like what they see and arent bangin the doors down for much more than the usual add on goodies (Although you're doing a good job, lol). they usually do a lot of research on that kinda stuff before releasing new models. I will say that Kawi is ridiculous with their prices on what they DO offer though. Ya gotta go aftermarket I guess and you are right, slim pickins even there. I changed the seat and windshield, but I dont think I want to add chrome or even the lights to the Vaq. IMO Kawi did a pretty good job as is. I love the bags compared the ancient square HD bags. Those blocky things look like they cost $50. The whole HD thing is a mystery to me anyway, ya pay more to get the same old crackers. Oh well, just my opinion.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Actually I havent heard the Harley commercials. Not sure what they are doing diff than before. But I think the average Voyager or even a lot of Vaquero owners kind of like what they see and arent bangin the doors down for much more than the usual add on goodies (Although you're doing a good job, lol). they usually do a lot of research on that kinda stuff before releasing new models. I will say that Kawi is ridiculous with their prices on what they DO offer though. Ya gotta go aftermarket I guess and you are right, slim pickins even there. I changed the seat and windshield, but I dont think I want to add chrome or even the lights to the Vaq. IMO Kawi did a pretty good job as is. I love the bags compared the ancient square HD bags. Those blocky things look like they cost $50. The whole HD thing is a mystery to me anyway, ya pay more to get the same old crackers. Oh well, just my opinion.
What i dont understand is I used to think this was a jap thing but its not clearly Yamaha has the most aftermarket parts of all the jap bikes,you can look in any metric cat and Yamaha has the most addons of anyone,Suzuki is worse than Kaws with slim pickins as well. Hopefully with threads like this and comments im sure they surf these sites to see what the the forums are saying and what people who use there products think. But hey maybe Kawasaki just dont care.Clearly Yamaha does HUMMM i do like the look of some of those roadstars :rolleyes: Just dont understand how they could design a awsome touring machine and have such a great bike to replace the old voyager and have little options to make it your own, Id like to have a nice chrome shift link replacment option or maybe some cool chrome madalions to put on over those cheap decals ive allready replaced on the side covers. How about a replacment for the chrome strap on the windsheild, Be nice to have some lower aux fog lights like the wingers have. how about some chrome front and rear floorboards , diffrent turn signal options with diffrent lenses.maybe Im a dreamer but if this bike is to be considered a heavy weght touring machine competeing with Harley,goldwing and Yamaha they need to back up their offering with some aftermarket options;)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Part of it is that there are how many voyagers on the road compared to how many HDs?

The Harleys are basically the same bike for the past 30 or more years so many more opportunities to sell your parts to a Harley owner.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Part of it is that there are how many voyagers on the road compared to how many HDs?

The Harleys are basically the same bike for the past 30 or more years so many more opportunities to sell your parts to a Harley owner.
Thats exactly it . . . In an average ride on a nice day, How many Ultras, Electras etc do you pass? Too many to count . . . Since I began seriously looking at the Voyager last spring, I have seen 3 - Yes only THREE other Voyagers on the road - what is a need for us is a huge developmental cost for KUry or any other aftermarket company . . . And their return is not projected to be that great . . .

My advice - look around, figure what you want, see if you can play with it or mod it to fit . . . Or befriend someone with a machine/fabrication shop . . .

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats exactly it . . . In an average ride on a nice day, How many Ultras, Electras etc do you pass? Too many to count . . . Since I began seriously looking at the Voyager last spring, I have seen 3 - Yes only THREE other Voyagers on the road - what is a need for us is a huge developmental cost for KUry or any other aftermarket company . . . And their return is not projected to be that great . . .

My advice - look around, figure what you want, see if you can play with it or mod it to fit . . . Or befriend someone with a machine/fabrication shop . . .
Good feed back just trying to spark a response from others on the forum and maybe get some attention from Kawasaki from people how love their bikes but just would like more aftermarket just like all the other super tour machines out there:)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Until more Voyagers and Vaqueros are on the road you won't see the aftermarket people pumping out parts. Doesn't make financial sense to r&d parts for these bikes yet.

·
Registered
291 Posts
We have the Vaq,Voyager,Nomad and Classics. Combined they add up and alot of things are interchangeable. We should have more after mkt parts and slowly they will come, but as some one else stated, we dont have nearly enough of these bikes on the road concerning new product development from some manufacturers. I know because I have spoken with a few.
Harley does and Yamaha is after a larger % of market share than the other Jap co's. Yamaha has a nice parts catalog and seem to make good Quality parts. Better than a lot of HD stuff I have seen.
Victory is even doing a better job now than Momma Kaw and thats sayin something. Their new bikes are awesome and their own aft mkt parts look good too. Too much Bling only means more cleaning anyway.
Hang in their fellas

·
Registered
207 Posts
I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't like all the add ons anyway. I know when I go looking for a used bike, I look for a clean one without all the added extra stuff that the last guy added. I don't know, all those covers, tassles and extra bling seem to make the bike cheesy and less attractive for me. For me less is more, at least when I go looking to buy a bike. Kinda like buying a car with chrome rims that some guy thought looked good but don't. So for me at least, its good there isn't too much out there for the Kawi's. Less tacky looking ones running around, lol.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Several of you guys nailed it on the head, there is just not enough of the 1700's running around out there yet to make good sense for any aftermarket parts makers anxious to develope lots of extras, and with the current state of the economy it may be awhile. With that said Ma Kawa could give us a little more at a better price and it may help them get just a little more piece of the pie. I agree Star is the only Asian manufacturer really putting in much effort from the add on and goodies stand point.
One think I like about my Nomad is that there is little I want to do bling wise to it. I loved the way the Nomads looked from the first generation to the current generation and without an ounce of bling it is different from the bazillion HDs running around.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Honda's also have a lot of 3rd party aftermarket parts available as well and one of the main reasons is that like Harley they don't update their bikes every 3-6 years like the rest of the metric brands tend to do . Give it time though and there will be more available parts but there will never be as many as Harley since there are more of them out there (new and used) and most of their models have had few engine or frame changes in almost a decade or more.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have had 24 brand new metric bikes over the years; Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha. This aftermarket crap has always been there. One would think the Jap companies would see the benefit of selling accessories. Hell, you have a hard time finding a Vulcan hat or shirt, and that's free advertising for the company. I'd bet Harley makes more $ off the accessories and the clothing they sell than off the bikes they sell. It's almost like Obama designed the business plan for the metrics!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Now thats funny! You gotta laugh at that whole "Obama" thing! In a thread that has been boarder line heated, that kinda lightens the subject a bit. Well done!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts