Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my VN2000 new in '06. I had ~10K miles on when I parked it last fall. This spring, the first time I hit the starter, there was a terrible "bang" from the crankcase. I trailered it to the local dealer, and when we started it up there was a tick that went away once it warmed up. The mechanic said it was fine and that the loud noise was normal (?!?) for the first start up of the year. I pointed out that this is my 4th "first start up" and this has never happened. He refused to look at it further. I put on ~500 miles and started to notice a vibration/noise at high rpm, every shift and on the highway. I took it back and the service manager again said it was normal. I've put on another 500 miles, for a pitiful total of 1000 for the seaon, and refuse to ride it any further. I've noticed a significant loss of power. But most troubling is the terrible noise from the engine at even moderate rpm. It only happens under load, so just sitting in the lot revving the engine does not produce the noise. I'm an engine mechanic by trade, and I am comfortable saying that no engine should make that noise. The service manager refuses to look at it. He went so far as to tell me that his mechanic can't find anything wrong, which is because he will not test drive it, and won't look at it because it is still under warranty and he doesn't get paid unless he finds something wrong. I'm considering call Kawasaki, but I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas or has had similar problems.

·
Registered
319 Posts
noise

Mine made a bang like noise this spring when I first started it up. This happens to a few V2K owners and like mine, it was the decompression selinoid sticking. Added a few drops of light weight oil ,problem solved. Where are you located? Maybe another V2K person close by, this way you can compare bikes(noise).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts