Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I made an impulse purchase of a 17in medium grey Madstad windscreen. I went with the recommended height on the screen as they recommend that for anyone 6'4. I was going to go Clearview, but the vents available as an option are on back order. Anyone have one of these screens and what is your opinion on it? Thank you!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have known it was for a Voyager 1700, I just didn't pay enough attention to your post- sorry about that. It looks like the 17" is as large as it goes for that model. I'm pleased with mine.
I get it! Do it all the time. Lol. Looking forward to the screen. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm researching W/S too. I'll be calling Clearview tomorrow to see if they have a timeline on the vents. I'll post what I find out.

Is a 17 inch tall W/S stock on the Voyager?
If you measure it the way all these windscreen compnies measure, from the ignition lock, I think it's about 20 inches.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Received and installed. No instructions, but I fiddled my way through the online pdf's for other bikes to figure it out. Solid construction and looks fantastic in the medium tint. Madstad sent a 12 dollar refund for the day delay. This screen really makes the front end of the bike stand out. Still need a test ride, but just been busy as hell. Pricey, but this is a quality looking/feeling product. Glad I purchased it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Went for a decent ride this weekend. This windscreen was awesome! I had it canted back to it's lowest/least angle to start. While riding, the thing I noticed was I didn't even think about the screen, I just thought about the silence and airflow that was flowing smoothly around me. Didn't ask the wife what she thought and she wasn't complaining about anything. One thing I do need to figure out is how to get a picture on here. The screen looks fantastic in the medium tint and the pics they, Madstad, have on their website don't do the screen any justice. I'll work on that. Great screen, worth the price in my book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts