Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I made an impulse purchase of a 17in medium grey Madstad windscreen. I went with the recommended height on the screen as they recommend that for anyone 6'4. I was going to go Clearview, but the vents available as an option are on back order. Anyone have one of these screens and what is your opinion on it? Thank you!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I should have known it was for a Voyager 1700, I just didn't pay enough attention to your post- sorry about that. It looks like the 17" is as large as it goes for that model. I'm pleased with mine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have known it was for a Voyager 1700, I just didn't pay enough attention to your post- sorry about that. It looks like the 17" is as large as it goes for that model. I'm pleased with mine.
I get it! Do it all the time. Lol. Looking forward to the screen. Thanks for the input!

·
Premium Member
2014 Vaquero
61 Posts
Hello all. I made an impulse purchase of a 17in medium grey Madstad windscreen. I went with the recommended height on the screen as they recommend that for anyone 6'4. I was going to go Clearview, but the vents available as an option are on back order. Anyone have one of these screens and what is your opinion on it? Thank you!
I'm researching W/S too. I'll be calling Clearview tomorrow to see if they have a timeline on the vents. I'll post what I find out.

Is a 17 inch tall W/S stock on the Voyager?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm researching W/S too. I'll be calling Clearview tomorrow to see if they have a timeline on the vents. I'll post what I find out.

Is a 17 inch tall W/S stock on the Voyager?
If you measure it the way all these windscreen compnies measure, from the ignition lock, I think it's about 20 inches.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just fyi. Stay away from Rifle Fairings. I’ve had to file complaints with the OAG and my credit card company both. I cancelled an order when I found they were 6 weeks turn around time. Now when I call about my refund they say “we have things going on here and have not had time to issue your refund”. They have a F rating at BBB for this exact issue.

I ended up with a Clearview that just arrived yesterday. Beautifully made and much thicker than factory.

·
Premium Member
2014 Vaquero
61 Posts
Just fyi. Stay away from Rifle Fairings. I’ve had to file complaints with the OAG and my credit card company both. I cancelled an order when I found they were 6 weeks turn around time. Now when I call about my refund they say “we have things going on here and have not had time to issue your refund”. They have a F rating at BBB for this exact issue.

I ended up with a Clearview that just arrived yesterday. Beautifully made and much thicker than factory.
Thanks for the heads up. Did you get a vent in your clearview?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Dagnabit! He emailed me back saying that they didn't think they would get them until beginning of June but to call them for alternatives. Wonder the "alternatives" are?
Interesting. I just talked to them last week and all he said was July. No alternatives offered.lol. Maybe something different for the vaquero, since we were talking about my 900 when I called.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I put my own vent in my Windvest screen. Clearview just use Honda Goldwing vents, so I found one of those on Partzilla and fitted it myself. It's a worthwhile addition. It's noticeably reduced the pressure vacuum behind the screen, and completely eliminated what very little buffeting it had before.

·
Premium Member
2014 Vaquero
61 Posts
I put my own vent in my Windvest screen. Clearview just use Honda Goldwing vents, so I found one of those on Partzilla and fitted it myself. It's a worthwhile addition. It's noticeably reduced the pressure vacuum behind the screen, and completely eliminated what very little buffeting it had before.
I wonder if Clearview would send me a W/S with the hole in it already?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I wonder if Clearview would send me a W/S with the hole in it already?
Worth asking them. Even if you can't find a vent straight away, just having the hole would do much the same job. Over time I've gotten to keeping my vent all the way open no matter what time of the year it is... except for those times there are bugs flying.

Steer clear of the cheap Chinese knock-off Honda vents. They look the same in photos, but don't work anywhere near as well, and rattle badly.

·
Premium Member
2014 Vaquero
61 Posts
Worth asking them. Even if you can't find a vent straight away, just having the hole would do much the same job. Over time I've gotten to keeping my vent all the way open no matter what time of the year it is... except for those times there are bugs flying.

Steer clear of the cheap Chinese knock-off Honda vents. They look the same in photos, but don't work anywhere near as well, and rattle badly.
I was out of state over the weekend and got a call from Clearview - really nice guy. He echoes what all of you have said: buy the W/S with the hole. Vent is a honda. Get my own or wait for theirs to come in. Good guy.

Thanks for everyone's input.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Received and installed. No instructions, but I fiddled my way through the online pdf's for other bikes to figure it out. Solid construction and looks fantastic in the medium tint. Madstad sent a 12 dollar refund for the day delay. This screen really makes the front end of the bike stand out. Still need a test ride, but just been busy as hell. Pricey, but this is a quality looking/feeling product. Glad I purchased it.

·
Premium Member
2014 Vaquero
61 Posts
Received and installed. No instructions, but I fiddled my way through the online pdf's for other bikes to figure it out. Solid construction and looks fantastic in the medium tint. Madstad sent a 12 dollar refund for the day delay. This screen really makes the front end of the bike stand out. Still need a test ride, but just been busy as hell. Pricey, but this is a quality looking/feeling product. Glad I purchased it.
Sweet! Post us some pics when you get some time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts