Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 years and about 6,000 kms on my 2003 500, I bought a 2009 900 Classic. I am picking it up tomorrow (Saturday Oct 16). Now I have the winter to enjoy buying accessories for it! So if anyone can provide suggestions on where to source good quality AND inexpensive:

1) windshields
2) Saddle bags
3) Highway bars
3) Sissy bar/trunk (detachable?)

Thanks and ride safe

Oh and while I dont yet have a picture (it is the nice blue color) I also have no idea how to post a pic anyway

Scott

·
Registered
451 Posts
Welcome from Oregon USA. Yer gonna love it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
After 2 years and about 6,000 kms on my 2003 500, I bought a 2009 900 Classic. I am picking it up tomorrow (Saturday Oct 16). Now I have the winter to enjoy buying accessories for it! So if anyone can provide suggestions on where to source good quality AND inexpensive:

1) windshields
2) Saddle bags
3) Highway bars

Thanks and ride safe

Oh and while I dont yet have a picture (it is the nice blue color) I also have no idea how to post a pic anyway

Scott
go and buy what you like
1 ) national cycles looks the way to go (heaps of choices)
2 ) I have MC enterprises and I'm happy with it (good quality and safety
!!)
3 & 4 ) it depends what it looks like on the bike and on the other side > you get what you pay for !!

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers

·
Registered
742 Posts
dang... canada?!?! :) i have a 19" memphis shade with quick release trigger sitting in my basement?!?! hardly used it... wonder what the shipping would be to you?? hmmm...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome to the 900 world, you are going to love it!! I also have the best collor for the 900 and have received many compliments from the gender that counts. As for the parts, just spend some time looking at pictures, most people post what they have on the bike or just ask when you see something you like. First thing I do recommend is get the dunlops off before you hit 6k, they get dangerous and track on any line that you find in the road. I went with the Avon 170/80/15 on the rear and stock size in front. Improved ride, gas consumption and brings speedo closer to the GPS.
Have fun, ride safe and don't forget "ATGATT"

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome SF, it's a great bike! I also switched up from the 500 a couple of years ago and love it. Plenty of torquey fun and still good gas mileage.
I've got the Memphis fats windshield on mine 17" i think, works real well. You'll have to be sure of what you want, it can be difficult for example to find a lightbar that will work with that windshield and possibly others.
The sissybar/luggage rack is expensive for me hence I still don't have one but you may watch the forum or ebay for some great deals.
I have a set of Riverroads saddlebags and cobra mounts if at any point you decide on them let me know I'd give ya a good price(not sure of shipping). I switched to hardbags w/ easybrackets. If you decide on softbags I'd be careful of using the throw overs. The finish on the fender under the seat tends to be damaged pretty easy. I would mount them to brackets and not use the laced flaps.
Anyway, I'm rambling. Again, welcome!

·
Registered
742 Posts
... oh, and forgot to add about the pic posting...

click on the "picture" icon on top of the reply box...it gives you the option to add a link to a photo --- assuming you have it on a place like photobucket... if you go advanced, there are more options under that icon that may be more useful to you... try it!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

1) windshields
2) Saddle bags
3) Highway bars

Thanks and ride safe

Scott
Hey there Scott, in Canada we are limited as far as Canadian Suppliers, most dealers deal with Show Chrome, Cobra , Memphis Shades, Parts Canada etc ... compare their pricing ...try Royal Distributing, they are in Guelph Ontario and on the web, prices are fair. In the US try the following

meancycles.com
cruisercustomising.com
cheapcycleparts.com

Key in your model and year and it will list all available accessories for you. if purchasing from the US call these guys up and order over the phone, ship US Postal/ Canada Post only, rarley will you have to pay duty on small (under $200) purchases, if you use Fedex/Ups, those thiefs charge a $50 plus "customs" handling fee ,,, of which there is no such thing charged by Cdn customs. I have used these sites a lot, never had a an issue. How much have i ordered, see this link

http://s945.photobucket.com/albums/ad292/whiting57/whiting57 VN 900 completed/?action=view&current=100_0942.jpg

Congrats on your new ride, get those Km's in before the snow and cold gets here, for you thats probably days away.

Cheers Maurice

·
Registered
441 Posts
I also have the best color for the 900 and have received many compliments from the gender that counts.

"ATGATT"
Luminous Polaris Blue really is sexy. That is what I was after before buying my LT. I would have bought the 09 LT blue and black also very pretty but it was my 2nd choice.

what is ATGATT ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts