Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I loved my 900 custom, it was time to move to a bigger bike. So I started looking and found an awesome deal on a new Voyager. Brought it home for the price of a leftover 2014 model. the dealer cut me a good discount on a brand new 2015. I was always more of a lurker than a poster, and I won't be moving on from the vulcan forums, just moving on to a bike more suited to how I like to ride and to allowing my wife to ride with me in comfort.

To that end, I traded in the 900 custom and now have an ultimate seat with the driver's backrest that will be going up in the classifieds today or tomorrow. The seat was on the bike for less than a year and has about 1100 miles on it or so.

Ride Safe :smile2:

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
nBn, you could have written "why did I wait so long".. but that would open a whole new can of worms. poncho

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ponch, yeah, I often wonder that, but then again, until this year, I don't think that I was ready for the transition to the bigger bike, riding confidence and all.

Steve, Probably, but it was cleaner to simply trade in the 900. The bigger thing is I don't really like selling vehicles private party, too many issues in the past trying to sell cars. Even with a signed agreement that the vehicle is being sold as-is with no warranty and that I'm in no way responsible for it once you sign the dotted line, I still got sued by a jackass that bought a car from my wife. He tried to claim that it was unsafe to drive (Drum brakes were brand new and the truck didn't want to roll forward after he left it sit for a few weeks. They just needed a simple adjustment, but still). Judge threw out the suit based on the signed purchase agreement, but still a pain in the neck, and an experience that I don't really want to duplicate.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Enjoy it! I made the move from the 900 to the 1700 as well. Both excellent bikes!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sage, I sent you a PM. We can work something out if you wish.

Romans, I have to agree, they are both great bikes. I put a lot of happy miles on my 900 custom. Including a trip around Lake Michigan (completely around plus some miles in the Upper Peninsula to hit H-58). Speaking of H-58, if you're ever planning on heading north, let me know, and I'd be happy to show you that road running along Lake Superior. It's called Michigan's Dragon Tail for a reason. Not as long, but still a blast, especially if you can hit it during the week when there's less traffic. Something like 55 miles give or take with about 200 turns and curves.

Anywho, back on topic, Having only put a little less than 200 miles on the Voyager, I can tell that I made the right choice in the bigger bike. I love the power and smoothness. It kind of surprised me that it was actually easier to handle at slow speeds than the 900 custom, but I guess that the front wheel makes all the difference. The rider position is very close to the same. I can't wait to get it through the break-in so I can let it stretch its legs out on the long runs, should be a blast.

Enjoy. Ride Safe. Keep the sticky side down and the shiny side up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts