Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking online for luggage to fit on the luggage rack of my 04 Nomad. I'm looking for the largest space possible for the needs of my wife and I.

There are several brands - some are leather, some are expandable, most come with waterproof covers.

What brand and style have some of you been happy with? Any that I should stay away from?

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I've been looking online for luggage to fit on the luggage rack of my 04 Nomad. I'm looking for the largest space possible for the needs of my wife and I.

There are several brands - some are leather, some are expandable, most come with waterproof covers.

What brand and style have some of you been happy with? Any that I should stay away from?

Thanks for any info.
Not sure how much help i can b but will try......I also have a Nomad and here is what i do.....1st i have the bag liners 4 the saddlebags...I have the OEM ones and they r heavy duty and work well, can fit a fair bit in them and helps keep items organized....his and hers if u like...I have a expandable leather fairly large pack that i use on the back of the bike....Or if not riding 2 up i set it on the passenger seat....Either way......As i said it is expandable, soft leather not hard...Water proof, been tested many times, I spray it several times a year with mink oil...I prefer the soft leather myself, personal preference......If i need 2 carry more gear i also have a smaller 1 i can use as well, if by myself....With this set up i have more than enough room 4 all my gear....I have done many long trips with 2 up and this works well.......U have 2 learn what is essential and what is not.....lol.....The leather pack is fairly thick, not one of the cheaper paper thin ones.....waterproof zipper and pockets....I am not sure where u from but i bought it in Canada a The Leather Botique.....There r many such shops all over the USA as well....So check leather shops that deal in bike gear, bike shops, dealers, Lots of good products out there....Remember u usually get what u pay 4.....Take care.....Terry.......:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After much research and advice, I ordered and have received the Large Deluxe Waterproof Motorcycle Touring Pack by Xelement. I ordered it through Motorcycle & Leather Clothing Store - Motorcycle Jackets, Helmets, Biker Boots, Leather Pants & Chaps.

It is very reasonably priced and is one of the largest on the market. Looks nice also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts