Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Zanddy how much for whole rig and where. I just received tail tidy thingy and now you are making me spend money lol

Let's see
New....
RG TAIL TIDY
RG MIRROR EXTENDERS
RADIATOR GUARD
OEM TAIL BAG
OEM RELAY
OEM GPI
OEM POWERPORT
DELK EXHAUST
LED UNDERCARRIGE LIGHTS
VARIOUS ITEMS
KURY FLOORBOARDS WITH SPLINES
PUIG WINDSHIELD
SOFT GRIPS

Bank account zero
Cool factor....priceless!

·
Registered
268 Posts
WOW, I really, REALLY like your set up!!

Well, I finally solved my luggage conundrum. My solution is a Hepco and Becker Solorack and a Givi Monolock 30L case. The case is quick release, very easy to remove. It just snaps in. No saddlebags!...
I have the Kawasaki rear soft top case which zips, and expanded can hold 21 liters, and the Kawasaki soft saddlebags, 11 liter each side, which came with the saddlebag liners. Except the saddlebag liners fit the bigger Kawi bags, making them pretty useless because you can't pack tighly, so why bother. I love that the Givi locks, and I really like your top case set up!!

Gerry

...Yes!!! :grin2: Here are some pics.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
WOW, I really, REALLY like your set up!!

I have the Kawasaki rear soft top case which zips, and expanded can hold 21 liters, and the Kawasaki soft saddlebags, 11 liter each side, which came with the saddlebag liners. Except the saddlebag liners fit the bigger Kawi bags, making them pretty useless because you can't pack tighly, so why bother. I love that the Givi locks, and I really like your top case set up!!

Gerry
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it. The best part is that the Givi is quick release so I only put it on there when I need it. :grin2:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got these Saddlemen Teardrop Cruis'n Saddlebags on. I was going to buy a set of Viking bags, but they want $99 USD to ship to Canada and then I'm screwed if I want to return them. Found these bags at Fortnine.ca.

The bags have velcro on front and back which required keeping them a good ways out from the bike. The bags came with bolts that were about 2.75 inches but I found that these weren't long enough. I had to get 100mm bolts and had to cut about 4mm off the back M8 bolts.

I also decided not to use the chrome spacers that come with the kit and got some black plastic spacers instead. The bags ended up being on a bit of an angle away from the bike, which I could have cured by cutting some of the spacers and putting bits of them between the bracket and the bags. If it really bugs me I might still do that.

Overall the quality of the bags are pretty decent. Not sure how well the velcro will hold up over the long term.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Quick question, do the saddlebags fit a modular/full face helmet?
I have the smaller, soft Kawasaki saddlebags and the soft Kawasaki tail case, neither will hold a helmet.

I'm not sure if the larger Kawasaki bags will, but I don't think so.

Now, that Givi case that @Zandar posted may hold a helmet, and I'll say it again, I like that set up!! :D

Gerry

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I have the smaller, soft Kawasaki saddlebags and the soft Kawasaki tail case, neither will hold a helmet.

I'm not sure if the larger Kawasaki bags will, but I don't think so.

Now, that Givi case that @Zandar posted may hold a helmet, and I'll say it again, I like that set up!! :D

Gerry
The Givi is just tall enough to hold a helmet or a folded up jacket including pads and a couple of other little things.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, I finally solved my luggage conundrum. My solution is a Hepco and Becker Solorack and a Givi Monolock 30L case. The case is quick release, very easy to remove. It just snaps in. No saddlebags! Yes!!!
Here are some pics.

Nice choice for luggage. I prefer the sissy bar since I would love to take my wife or one of my kids around in the passage me seat. By the way, what kind of exhaust do you have put on? Do you install it yourself? Where did you get it? Thanks for everything.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Well, I finally solved my luggage conundrum. My solution is a Hepco and Becker Solorack and a Givi Monolock 30L case. The case is quick release, very easy to remove. It just snaps in. No saddlebags! Yes!!!
Here are some pics.

Nice choice for luggage. I prefer the sissy bar since I would love to take my wife or one of my kids around in the passage me seat. By the way, what kind of exhaust do you have put on? Do you install it yourself? Where did you get it? Thanks for everything.
Thanks! That is the Delkevic exhaust. I did install it myself. It was not too difficult.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Got these Saddlemen Teardrop Cruis'n Saddlebags on. I was going to buy a set of Viking bags, but they want $99 USD to ship to Canada and then I'm screwed if I want to return them. Found these bags at Fortnine.ca.

The bags have velcro on front and back which required keeping them a good ways out from the bike. The bags came with bolts that were about 2.75 inches but I found that these weren't long enough. I had to get 100mm bolts and had to cut about 4mm off the back M8 bolts.

I also decided not to use the chrome spacers that come with the kit and got some black plastic spacers instead. The bags ended up being on a bit of an angle away from the bike, which I could have cured by cutting some of the spacers and putting bits of them between the bracket and the bags. If it really bugs me I might still do that.

Overall the quality of the bags are pretty decent. Not sure how well the velcro will hold up over the long term.
Awesome looking bags. To me, they fit the bike--I don't like any studs or buckles on bags. My only thing is can they be lowered? I have a passenger seat on my Vulcan S.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Awesome looking bags. To me, they fit the bike--I don't like any studs or buckles on bags. My only thing is can they be lowered? I have a passenger seat on my Vulcan S.
The universal mounting kit that comes with the bags don't provide for lowering the bags. Naturally anything is possible if you want to cobble together your own brackets.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I don't believe that you would need to have them lowered for a passenger. Mine (Viking saddlebags) sit at about the same height and the front of the bags end behind the passengers knees. They don't seem to intrude at all due to the bend of the passengers legs. Obviously different bags will vary though.

·
Super Moderator
4,137 Posts
Hi jgl. Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Brunello is still active on the forum. Just hasn’t posted in a few months. If you do not get a response, you can start a Private Conversation by clicking on the three vertical dots next to your avatar and then click Conversations. The GIVI website shows the bags but not specifically for the Vulcan S. Might be worth giving them a call. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Brunello. I just find your old post. I'm wondering how did you attached the MT501 to the bike.
Hi Jgl, I made the frame in my workplace, here some picture about the frame after 4/5 years of travels.
IMG_4690.jpg IMG_4691.jpg

Unfortunately this year I sold the bike for buy a "new" one (moto guzzi griso 2010 SE) but I have keep the bags and frame.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Brunello, thanks for your response. Now I understand, nice job!!!, I currently have installed Givi TS4115B and was looking for install a Multilock bag at the right side and it seemed impossible to me. Would you consider to sell any of the frames?.
In any case, hope you are enjoining your Guzzi!!!.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi jgl. Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Brunello is still active on the forum. Just hasn’t posted in a few months. If you do not get a response, you can start a Private Conversation by clicking on the three vertical dots next to your avatar and then click Conversations. The GIVI website shows the bags but not specifically for the Vulcan S. Might be worth giving them a call. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

Thank you Tourer for your kind welcome!!.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts