Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 VN1700 Nomad with the stock Kawasaki sissy bar and luggage rack. The angle between the sissy bar and the luggage rack in combination with the low and thick back rest make it difficult to get generic luggage to fit. I am looking for luggage that better fits this setup. Has anyone found any that fit properly? Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I have the same problem. I have a generic bag that I ghetto rigged to work on the sissy bar. It's seriously strapped down with all kinds of rock climbing webbing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you for starting this discussion. I just installed a Cobra luggage rack on my 09' Nomad VN1700 and I am also looking for a sissy bar bag to fit. I am going to purchase the Kuryakyn XKursion XTR1.5 or the Kuryakyn Mini Grantour bag unless another subscriber can better direct me.
I found this youtube video for the Mini Grantour Bag, it might help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2hW9vRTOSc

·
Registered
101 Posts
Check the Kury Ultra tour. It has a bit more capacity than the Grandtour. I like the flip top on the gran but always like any additional space. They also make some underseat velcro with D-rings that really allow you to secure it.(kury or Willie and Max) I use a small strap under the seat through the eyes of the bag. Never a problem.

My $.02
Jimmy D

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I just use cheap nylon gym bags different sizes from Walmart. I can't see spending big bucks for something you do not use all the time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went with the Grantor bag but it hung way over the end. I exchanged it for a T-Bags Lone Star only to discover that the sissy bar strap won't fit over the back rest. I'm still looking though.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I just received a Bikers Friend (Med) and it really looks nice.

Sent from a mobile device.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have a saddle men bag that I use. I also bought a cheap cutting board that I put on the luggage rack first. Then I put the bag on top and strap it down

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I just received a Bikers Friend (Med) and it really looks nice.

Sent from a mobile device.
pictures or link?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I like Bubba's go cheap on stuff that is seldom used trend. Have you considered a soft cooler? I have been using one for over a year on my Nomad. Either on the pillion seat or the luggage rack works great. Not 100% water proof but close and way cheaper than MC luggage.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have a saddle men bag that I use. I also bought a cheap cutting board that I put on the luggage rack first. Then I put the bag on top and strap it down
I've also done that on my 1500 Classic, used a piece of plywood (painted black) larger than the rack. I bolted it to the rack using U bolts then my sissy bar bag fit much better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts