Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a source for a luggage rack that doesn't require a two-up seat and/or passenger backrest?

'09 900 Classic. I have a two-up seat on it and Tsukayu Patrol hardbags. For longer trips, I lay a bag on the passenger seat and use a couple Rokstraps to tie it to the hardbag struts. It works fine, but isn't as "clean" as I would like it.

I want to switch to a solo seat with a luggage rack, but all the racks I can find mount off a passenger backrest. I'm thinking the cleaner way to go would be a rack that uses the same 4 bolts the hardbag struts use.

Any ideas? Suggestions? I will post a pic later today of what I am working with.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Well if your looking to go with a solo seat you might have to do something custom to make a rack long enough to keep your bag from riding on the rear fender and messing up your paint job. I have a Custom World rack and backrest, I remove the backrest when I'm riding solo, I like the streamline look and it just happens that the rack and Mustang seat are the exact same height so that helps with the look as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. What I have in mind is a rack that basically takes the place of the passenger seat. It does look like I might need to fab one up somehow.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the reply. What I have in mind is a rack that basically takes the place of the passenger seat. It does look like I might need to fab one up somehow.
Google "solo rack" and "pillion rack". There are lots on the net for Harleys, and maybe a few for metrics.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone have a source for a luggage rack that doesn't require a two-up seat and/or passenger backrest?

'09 900 Classic. I have a two-up seat on it and Tsukayu Patrol hardbags. For longer trips, I lay a bag on the passenger seat and use a couple Rokstraps to tie it to the hardbag struts. It works fine, but isn't as "clean" as I would like it.

I want to switch to a solo seat with a luggage rack, but all the racks I can find mount off a passenger backrest. I'm thinking the cleaner way to go would be a rack that uses the same 4 bolts the hardbag struts use.

Any ideas? Suggestions? I will post a pic later today of what I am working with.
Take a look at the Victory line they have a rack like you want in chrome or black or on the cheap side the racks designed for the top of the curved top saddle bags will work too.

·
Registered
147 Posts
John, I too was looking for a suitable rack that does not need a backrest.

At the end I went with the Custom World rack. They make a few models, I bought the larger one as I wanted to use it as a base for a large hard trunk.

Works perfectly, very sturdy. I can recommend it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts