Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Guys:

I only picked up my 2010 900 Classic LT a few weeks ago, just in time to store it for the winter, but one of the first things I'd like to put on it before the spring is a luggage rack.

I like the looks of the Cobra but if I read the notes correctly, you need to switch to one of their back rests/sissy bars to use it. I quite like the look of the stock, so prefer not to fix something that ain't broke. I have all sorts of ideas to waste money elsewhere.馃槈

Does anyone have a recommendation for a rack that will work with the stock sissy bar (Canadian-based supplier would be the icing on the cake!)

Rick

Registered
I have a 2011 Clasic LT. I went with the OEM rack payed a bit more.Cost was about 200 but it is squared tubed like the sissy bar a Custom fit and took about 15 minutes to install and it looks great. Very happy I went the way I did if I went another route I think I would have been disappointed. To me sometimes saving a couple of bucks just isn't worth it. Good luck and enjoy the ride

Registered

Registered
I don't know if it fits with a stock backrest, but I have a Custom World backrest and luggage rack. I think it's quite a bit cheaper than OEM.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Mate! (Got a step daughter who's an ER doc in MacKay 馃槈)

I'll take a look at that option.

Rick

BOTM Winner, August 2015
I had the OEM luggage rack on my 900 Classic LT when I had it. My friend had the Cobra luggage rack part # 02-4468 on his 900 Classic with the factory stock backrest. It sits a little lower than the OEM rack. They make one for their backrest and one for the stock backrest.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! I thought Cobra made one but couldn't find it. So I said frig it...OEM rack and crash bars are on the way.

Registered
Guess I'm a little late, but I put this Cobra on an '07 LT, with stock sissy bar: Canada's Motorcycle. It fits '10 also.

Looks like the price has gone up since I got one. Once again the Canuck dollar is against us!

My experience with these guys has been very good, so even if you don't get the rack, keep them in mind for other gear.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! I agonized over this one as the description was contradictory...for Cobra sissy bar only in one spot, and OEM after that. The instructions didn't help clarify much by mentioning Cobra brackets, so finally decided to play it safe and bite on OEM. Ah well, it's only money...:unamused:

Agree totally - these guys have gotten a lot of cash from me already, along wit's Royal Distributing and Leatherup.ca. Really happy we have such a group of great sources on this side of the border for bike gear. Definitely the exception for most things I've Ben involved in!

Rick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts