Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new Kawasaki luggage rack yesterday for my '08 classic LT. The installation was quite simple......it should be......there ain't much to it. I read lots of posts about the rack sitting so high. I took that into consideration and pulled the trigger anyway. It is very high quality.....what there is of it. Are you starting to catch my drift??? In my opinion it will hold a large coffee cup if you have the bike on the stand doing maintenance. If you are thinking about a luggage rack for your vn2000, you might consider an aftermarket backrest and matching rack if it is something you might actually USE some day. That's my 2 cents worth. Don't piss away your hard earned money on one of these. Anyone else have a comment?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
That's my 2 cents worth. Don't piss away your hard earned money on one of these. Anyone else have a comment?
cup holders?.. do you ride a motorcycle or did you really want a mini van?

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,905 Posts
cup holders?.. do you ride a motorcycle or did you really want a mini van?
Don't mind poncho.. he's cranky cause he misses his V2K.. and he obviously didn't read your post.

I have a luggage rack that I bought off ebay last year sometime. Never used it yet though. Maybe in a couple weeks (scheduled to take the bike on a cross state ride..)

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Don't mind poncho.. he's cranky cause he misses his V2K.. and he obviously didn't read your post.

I have a luggage rack that I bought off ebay last year sometime. Never used it yet though. Maybe in a couple weeks (scheduled to take the bike on a cross state ride..)
Cross-state ride?

I was under the impression you just looked at it and polished it. I didn't know you actually rode the darn thing!! :D

OP, you might find that even though the luggage rack is tiny, MC specific sissy bar bags will actually work well. Using the straps, etc, you can get a lot of luggage. I bought a bag that actually slipped OVER the sissy bar, and strapped underneath. Very sturdy even though it was much larger than the luggage rack.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
I had a cobra luggage rack, held my kurakyn tour pack Nicely..

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I read his post.. he cant decide if he bought a luggage rack or a 'spensive fancy cup holder.. and who says Ima krankee? 'sides can ride my buddies v2k anytime i want.. poncho

·
Registered
162 Posts
Rack

Here is my rack. I bought it off Ebay $50. It was made for a 750 Honda and I just modified it and got it rechromed (the original was very lightly done ).

It works and look great in my humble opinion :D

Enjoy Your Rides
Terry

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
He needs a cup holder for a place to put his beer or high ball while he is on the road!

My rack I bought off Craigs List. It was originally an OEM for a Nomad but I drilled two new holes to line up with my OEM backrest on my classic and then drilled them all out to 1/4 inch holes and used stainless bolts and nylock nuts for it all. Looks okay and should do the job just fine.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Long way from Houston in the below picture :)
smed,, arkansas cant be 300 miles.. it may be far for a krome whore.. but it is jus a day run for mos us.. not krome whores. we dont kare if our ponies get a lil dirty. wash em and put em up for the nite. poncho

·
Registered
578 Posts
Come on Ponch, you know it's farther than that for him. About 460 just to get there, then the ride, then the trip home. 1200 miles aint bad.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Come on Ponch, you know it's farther than that for him. About 460 just to get there, then the ride, then the trip home. 1200 miles aint bad.
you be rite.. league city to mena ark is 4 bills. still is jus a ez day ride. not like its a barn buster. have ridden austin to harrison inaday, no problem. but do have tour riggs are mor comfee.. but 4 up, 4 ther, 4 home. snott like its all in one day or even two?

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/League+City,+TX/Mena,+AR/@32.022946,-97.5766523,7z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x86408323cd6cb1b3:0x14dec35f5a4064d6!2m2!1d-95.0949303!2d29.5074538!1m5!1m1!1s0x87cb2fc1cae0651f:0x5e1e09ec52e959cd!2m2!1d-94.2396554!2d34.5862171

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,905 Posts
No love.. no love at all.

I'm suppose to leave wed for the same trip. Going up to Hot Springs this time.

We will see how the weather holds though.

We swing up thru Dallas though, to pick up another traveler. Then thru Boham and Paris.. that route. About 650 miles one way.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Wednesday is supposed to be sunny, I plan on riding to work, but that can change at any moment. Rest of the week has rain in the forcast.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Guys and Gals
I will be picking up my 2008 900 LT in Dallas for my Dallas- Seattle ride and I am bringing a modified Cavalry rack with me(yes, I am already sorry I bought it). Do the bolts holding the OEM sissy bars have sufficient length to make it all the way through? I need at least 1/8th inch more. If they are too short, what length do I need? I just want to minimize my running around once I arrive in Dallas so will bring the hardware with me...
Thanks a bunch,
Kiel

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fellow Riders,

Anyone can recommend a luggage rack that does not interfere with License plate holder, I don't want to relocate it to the bottom of the fender,

Thanks,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts