Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas of where I can purchase a luggage rack for a 08 classic LT for a good price or anyone selling one??? I looked on ebay. The OEM one is over 200 bucks, ouch. Any ideas of a aftermarket one that will fit. Want to do some traveling and would like a trunk bag but want rear seat free for the wife if she feels like going.

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
yup the oem stuff is expensive aint it!
Thats why i'm glad the ole boy that i bought my bike from bought all the stuff when he had the bike. over 2g's worth of stuff i got for freeeee!!
and the website listed above has some nice racks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup the oem stuff is expensive aint it!
Thats why i'm glad the ole boy that i bought my bike from bought all the stuff when he had the bike. over 2g's worth of stuff i got for freeeee!!
and the website listed above has some nice racks.
I take it you have a luggage rack. If so, would you mind posting a pic so I could take a peek and see how it looks. Thanks, Mac.

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have one yes, on the bike no.
I'm not sure if i really want one on there. i'll throw it on and snap a few for you tomorrow.
Thank you, I dont want you to go through the trouble of putting it on if you normally dont have it on. I can find a pic somewhere online but I do appriciate the offer unless you did it already. I dont know if I would want to keep it on all the time also but would definetly be convienent for long trips.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the one I have on mine.
Not sure if it is Kawasaki, but; still 200 bucks. (At least I didn't get it from a Kaw Dealer)

However; it matches the bike perfectly. The square tubing matches the sissy bar on the LT like it was factory.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-Vulcan-2000-Classic-Chrome-Luggage-Rack-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ad981e899QQitemZ390196226201QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Good Luck!
This rack looks real nice, its a shame its over two hundred bucks. I guess ill have to give in eventually. Im in the wrong buisness, I should be selling bike accessories.:D

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
luggage rack

Check out the style I provide, chrome adapter plates and necessary stainless button head metric bolts and chromed acorn nuts are included for installation. There are other pics on this site of rack and pics of V2K with rack on site and photobucket. Good Luck with your search, hope I can help. Ride Safe!
http://s720.photobucket.com/albums/ww202/ironsinthefire_bucket/VN%202000%20LT/?action=view&current=2000Rack004.jpg
I own a 2007 Kawasaki 2000 LT, and having problems finding a luggage rack I like, till I saw yours. How much??

Please send response to [email protected] as my forum email is no longer valid.
Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
186 Posts
hey Mac,
here is a couple of pics of a rack i threw together for around $30.00 with material purchase from a local home depot. it is all aluminum with stainless hardwared.
not as nice or pretty as the spendy ones. but works very well and removes easily. View attachment 9461

View attachment 9462

·
Registered
545 Posts
hey Mac,
here is a couple of pics of a rack i threw together for around $30.00 with material purchase from a local home depot. it is all aluminum with stainless hardwared.
not as nice or pretty as the spendy ones. but works very well and removes easily. View attachment 9461

View attachment 9462

Hey It's awsome I realy like it,
you gave me some ideas
thanks for sharing

·
Registered
32 Posts
hello, well i just got this rack off the Bay and it fits good looks pretty good also. the only con to me is it sits about 1" - 11/2" to high. works great for what im doing with it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170801792501...84.m1438.l2661

I bought this same rack last year, and after 3 rides weekend rides, the rack started to bend under the weight of my luggage. Its cheap for a reason. I'm Looking to get something a bit more sturdy this year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts