Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an '06 Vulcan 900 Classic LT & I'm trying to find a luggage rack that fits the stock sissy bar (like the one in this pic). I know Kawasaki has one, but it's like $300. When I look around the internet I see a lot that sell for half that. I looked at the typical Cycle Gear & Revzilla websites with no luck. There seems to be a lot of places to buy these, but being a newbie, I'm not sure which are reputable. Any suggestions for websites or racks that would work? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,789 Posts
That is a Paladin Ouickset3 rack from National Cycle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know if that works with the sissy bar that's on the classic? When I read the info it seemed like they require replacing the mount & back rest with theirs. 🤔

·
Super Moderator
4,789 Posts
Hi Kelly. It comes with luggage rack and sissy bar. Do not know if the luggage rack is available separately and it bolts up to the OEM bar. Maybe best to give them a call. Be well.

·
Registered
09 VN900B
211 Posts
Do you know if that works with the sissy bar that's on the classic? When I read the info it seemed like they require replacing the mount & back rest with theirs. 🤔
I hate to be the bad news bear all the time but guess what, You are reading correctly, the luggage rack will not fit an OEM back rest its to narrow.

This is one piece of a three-piece Paladin® QuickSet™ Back Rest and Luggage Rack System. Use the Luggage Rack on its own, or with the P9800A Back Rest. A Paladin QuickSet Mount Kit is required to install the Luggage Rack or Back Rest to the motorcycle.

P9800A Paladin® Back Rest
$174.95
P9900 Paladin® Luggage Rack
$134.95
P9BR106 Paladin® QuickSet™ Mount Kit for Kawasaki® VN900B/C Vulcan Classic/Custom

$344.95

Total 655.85
And I have seen these in the last week on another thread.
Gentleman wanted to put a mustang seat on and it would not fit between the stand up brackets, wrap around the fender.

Look here for the wrap of the fender.

You would never get a mustang seat between the upright supports.

Just something I noticed. Cobra would appear to be a better fit.

Ride Safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts