Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anybody tell me of a luggage rack not made by Fire and Steel (too small)
that will fit an 08 2000 Classic Lt and keep the standard sissy bar?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Can anybody tell me of a luggage rack not made by Fire and Ice (too small)
I looked at several websites last night and couldn't come up with anything. I did see one frome Cobra that's fairly big, but it only seems to fit with their sissy bar. I wonder if it could be modded to fit our back rest?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Luggage rack

I found the same thing with a couple of manufacturers. You have to buy their
sissy bar in order to get a decent sized luggage rack. The stock sissy bar looks so good, I don't want to change it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
only luggage rack i could find was the stock 1 from kawasaki so that what i bought but you can alway add a bigger plate to the top of it if you neede more room

·
Registered
117 Posts
Luggage Rack for 2000

I am pleased to announce that I just discovered from my stocking dealer that with a small adapter plate (that I am currently working on, just drew it up today actually), my luggage rack that is designed for the Vulcan 900 (and fits perfectly on the new 1700 Lt also) will bolt up nicely. Sits lower than OEM or other aftermarkets and is nearly twice the area of OEM rack for 900. Check it out on my photobucket site and website. Would like to help but may be a couple of weeks.
http://photobucket.com/ironsinthefire_bucket

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Luggage rack

Thanks fot the info. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. The bike and helmets look great!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Luggage Rack for 2000

Thanks for the reply JoeStew, if you click on my Waterboy13, public profile and go to my home page, you can contact me at the contact page so I can get your personal email if you like so I can return info to you with pics when I have them. I will also post pics here when I get the rack mounted on the 2000 at my dealers. I wish I had the '08 on his floor, SOOOOO sweet. I am kinda torn between that and the 1700 Nomad. Problem is I can't justify two bikes right now and I love my 900. My wife refuses to learn to operate a bike, she likes to do the passenger thing and relax and enjoy the scenery. Oh well, maybe if things improve, I can have the cake and eat it too! As soon as the weather breaks here in South Dakota I'll get some update photos of my bike with the accessories on. Just got done making a seat latch for my spare seat (Kawi gel) as you can't order them, only the rubber bumpers. I like to ride local with the OEM seat and long trips with the gel (wife loves it as well for long rides). I made a nice backrest for myself with the OEM seat but its too narrow for the gel seat. Wish I had it on for the trip to Yellowstone, guess I need to make a version for the gel seat, time allowing. Again, thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Luggage rack

It came out beautiful! What are the demensions of the rack? Bigger than the Fire and Steel rack from Kaw?

Thanks for the pictures,

joestew

·
Registered
117 Posts
Luggage Rack for 2000 Classic LT

Joe, the rack itself measures 9 3/4" wide and 10 1/2" long, and solid steel makes this rack stronger than needed, I've used mine as an additional tiedown location when hauling.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Luggage rack

This rack looks so good my next questions would be are you going to produce them for the 2000 Classic LT, and how much? I went to the 'ironsinthefire' site and saw all the terrific parts you've come up with. Quality stuff! The rack for the 2000 is just the right size. Fire and Steel's rack is way too small.
Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
43 Posts
Large luggage rack

Just in case you want another option, here is the one I got. I bought a trunk from Mutazu, and I have been looking for a decent rack to mount it on. I found this one on Ebay, and it's only $85 + $15 shipping. The sellers name is realonefun , but when I got the package, it came from Mutazu..!!!

I don't know why Mutazu does not offer these on there site, because they are perfect for mounting there trunks. They are chrome plated, and they are about 12 X 13.5 inches. There are several ones listed for all the diferent Kaw cruisers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-Vulcan-VN-2000-VN-900-LT-SissyBar-Luggage-Rack_W0QQitemZ120399294935QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item120399294935&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318 .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rack

Thanks for the info. That rack is huge!
I'm waiting for a rack I bought through another site, but will keep this in mind for the future.

Thanks again,
joestew

1 - 15 of 15 Posts