Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the first things I dis when I got my classic LT home was raise the windshield to its highest setting......bad thing is I still see over top of it when riding....this drives me crazy.
Is the a taller aftermarket windshield that looks OEM?

·
Registered
154 Posts
my understanding is you are not supposed to look through the windshield. it is supposed to be about nose level so that you can indeed see over it, as when it rains, gets covered in dirt bugs etc, your vision will be pretty badly impaired.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my understanding is you are not supposed to look through the windshield. it is supposed to be about nose level so that you can indeed see over it, as when it rains, gets covered in dirt bugs etc, your vision will be pretty badly impaired.
Thats what they say, but that buffer of wind hitting mt forehead is horrible......

On my goldwing I had a extra táll Tulsa that Shaq couldnt see over....I kept ráinx on it and drove thousands of miłes all yr around never with impaired vision.

I will Tulsa would make one for the Vulcan.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Can you change the angle at all? A more vertical angle would deflect the wind over you more, other than that, a replacement would definitely be in order

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you change the angle at all? A more vertical angle would deflect the wind over you more, other than that, a replacement would definitely be in order
I dont think you can change the angle, its like pushing a piece of plywood down the road.....the Tulsa tilted back nicely.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi Achysklic (where did you find the name?)

You might contact 7JuRock.com to see if they can make you one. They do make an OEM replacement according to their website.

Good luck.

WEG

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Achysklic (where did you find the name?)

You might contact 7JuRock.com to see if they can make you one. They do make an OEM replacement according to their website.

Good luck.

WEG
Thanks, around 1998 when pc were really starting to soar I was getting tired of everytime I went to create a username I got please choose another. So I close my eyes, hit a random 8 keys as fast as I could and "achysklic" is what I got.

Since then I have never got user name already in use......

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thanks, around 1998 when pc were really starting to soar I was getting tired of everytime I went to create a username I got please choose another. So I close my eyes, hit a random 8 keys as fast as I could and "achysklic" is what I got.

Since then I have never got user name already in use......
Ha! Gotta love it ?.
Now if you can have the same luck getting a tall windshield...

WEG

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Thats what they say, but that buffer of wind hitting mt forehead is horrible......
Do you have windshield lowers on the bike? The buffet around your head might be turbulence that comes up the sides of the gas tank. I had the same problem, and the addition lowers helped tremendously. They steer the wind away from the tank and you don't get as much turbulence up around your head.

There are several threads on this if you search for "lowers."

Best,
Dan

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have windshield lowers on the bike? The buffet around your head might be turbulence that comes up the sides of the gas tank. I had the same problem, and the addition lowers helped tremendously. They steer the wind away from the tank and you don't get as much turbulence up around your head.

There are several threads on this if you search for "lowers."

Best,
Dan
Thanks Dan,
I made a set last week. They did help with the buffering around my chest, but the short windshield is still a problem. I just hate have full on wind hit me in the face when I have a windshield....I enjoy riding and looking through the windshield alot better, but the only way to do it on this bike is slumped over.

I like the bike, but its a learning curve to get used too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts